Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

F/I recomendations.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:08 AM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: F/I recomendations.

if money aint a issue can i have some? lol go turbo IMO plus if u ever want to make a monster u can build and the set up and been in the low 12s high 11's whith some work
Old 02-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zid3

if money aint a issue can i have some? lol go turbo IMO plus if u ever want to make a monster u can build and the set up and been in the low 12s high 11's whith some work
Let's not forget the turbokit costs over $5k and install($800-$1000+) would bea bitch for someone who's never done it.Yes, it's gains are insane, but there's a reason why it's not mentioned(Price).

As others said, your options are hi-po x-charger and a non-cooled vortech(both w/smaller pulley's). The non-cooled vortech is cheaper, but if you can install and X and would pay someone to install thevortech,costs would be very similar. Both will get you your goals. I'd say, youtube some vids of how theysound and see which one you like better. X-charger's come with a 1yr warranty and vortech's come with a 3yrwarranty soeventhough everyone says reliability goes to an x-charger, but why is it that vortech givesout a warranty triple thetime of their's then?That being said, I wouldn't worry aboutreliability with either since they are both very good kits. Good Luck!
Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Also if you stick with the stock psi from Vortech they will warrnty your powertrain.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
zid3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: zid3

Let's not forget the turbokit costs over $5k and install($800-$1000+) would bea bitch for someone who's never done it.Yes, it's gains are insane, but there's a reason why it's not mentioned(Price).

As others said, your options are hi-po x-charger and a non-cooled vortech(both w/smaller pulley's). The non-cooled vortech is cheaper, but if you can install and X and would pay someone to install thevortech,costs would be very similar. Both will get you your goals. I'd say, youtube some vids of how theysound and see which one you like better. X-charger's come with a 1yr warranty and vortech's come with a 3yrwarranty soeventhough everyone says reliability goes to an x-charger, but why is it that vortech givesout a warranty triple thetime of their's then?That being said, I wouldn't worry aboutreliability with either since they are both very good kits. Good Luck!
yea of course if price was an issue, but he said money isnt a issue
Old 02-05-2008, 03:30 PM
moonstang
2nd Gear Member

I thought the vortech powertrain warranty required that the unit be installed by a certified vortech technician. Do you know if this is the case?
Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

first time i installed a turbo kit was on my car, only took bout 9 hours

im not ur avg joe though lol
Old 02-05-2008, 10:06 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moonstang

I thought the vortech powertrain warranty required that the unit be installed by a certified vortech technician. Do you know if this is the case?
Vortech has a lot of certified shops. The one I go to is certified..

I could see what they have that policy. They probably are worried that some random guy will do the oil lines wrong or something and break the blower.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:56 AM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/

If money is not an issue, I would get a set super six's stage 2+ heads to go with my S/C.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:40 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BM83

If money is not an issue, I would get a set super six's stage 2+ heads to go with my S/C.
I forgot it says this in the first post! My bad! Your right, if money isn't an issue turbo's are easier on the egine b/c they don't run off the crank. And to max any hp from a f/i set-up, P&P heads would be good, and a cam tuned to where you want the power band. Myquestion is, do you only want 270rwhp now or possibly more? (SPEED is contagious, but be careful on the street).
Old 02-07-2008, 10:46 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

ORIGINAL: BM83

I forgot it says this in the first post! My bad! Your right, if money isn't an issue turbo's are easier on the egine b/c they don't run off the crank.
Not true. Superchargers running off the pulley has no negative effect on the engine. Engines make power, and with the supercharger on the drive belt, some of that power goes to turn the supercharger and a little less to the wheels. The engine doesn't give a sh*t where the power is going, and hence there is no negative effect with respect to the engine in havinga supercharger installed. The engine doesn't think "oh man, I have to make a few extra HP to turn the supercharger in addition to the normal power I make, so I am under more stress". When cruising, the bypass valve is open and the supercharger requires virtually no power to turn it. And, turbos introduce some backpressure on the system, and that makes the engine work harder to push the exhaust gas out through the system and that takes work as well.

We really have to try to avoid thesecompletely horsesh*t generalizations about one system being "easier" or "harder" on an engine when there is absolutly NO credible argument to support the claim. Nubes read this stuff and might carry away a completely incorrect idea about a system.

Quick Reply: F/I recomendations.