Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

F/I recomendations.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: F/I recomendations.

Don't kill me b/c I worded it wrong/forgot to finish my sentence, thanks for bringing it up though. It would have been easier if you didn't just criticize, finish the sentence too.
PS-Don't talk about posting bad info. We all remember the x-charger vs. centrithread where me, chris, and others proved you wrong ona few statements you "believed" to be true about the x over other systems.
This is what it should say in my post:

Your right, if money isn't an issue turbo's are easier on the engine b/c they don't run off the crankallowing you to get similar hp #'s at a lower psi with the turbocharger or more hp per psi.
Sorry about that guys!
Old 02-07-2008, 04:49 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

You didn't prove a SINGLE statement wrong. You stated a bunch of disjoined facts which didn't even address the points I was making. I completely understand how the X works, as well as the other systems. You're the one posting the snippets like "A is better than B", "X is safer than Y" or "M is harder on the engine than N", with no context and no supporting analysis.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

I'm not ruining another guys thread arguing with you. If you want to bring back the centri v. roots thread I'll be glad to point them out again. The last one right off the bat I remember was theinlet temps you say "don't" effect a cars longjevity or safety, and then later after fazm said it, you agreed with him even though he said the exact same thing chrisc and me did. Just proves youA don'tbelieve anything that comes out of a person under 20yr's old mouth or 2 B don't believe something to be truetill you here it outof a mechanic's mouth. Which is it?

Sorry OP for going off topic.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:33 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

OK, we'll try this again, so maybe you can understand.

Fazm said 30-40 degrees of UNANTICIPATED inlet air increase can be dangerous to the engine.

Do you know what unanticiatpated means? I think not. Here is the Websters dictionary definition for you:

"Not having been expected; unexpected:"

OK, now, every tuner creates a tune for the ANTICIPATED conditions of the car, whether the car is N/A, non-intercooled supercharger or intercooled supercharger. The timing for all these tunes is set to a level that is SAFE for the ANTICIPATED conditions. This means LESS TIMING for a non-intercooled car and MORE TIMING for an intercooled car. Each tune ends up SOME MARGIN OF SAFETY AWAY FROM DANGEROUS conditions. If UNANTICIPATED conditions arise, such as a loss of coolant flow to a water cooled intercooler, or a lossof water in an injected system, a 30-40 degree INCREASE in temps, which are UNANTICIPATED given the intercooler, can lead to detonation. See.... this is how even an INTERCOOLED supercharger can be in danger if it delivers air at a higher temp.

See..... XCharger tunes ANTICIPATE higher IAT's, so the tune is as safe as an intercooled tune which ANTICIPATES lower IAT's and tunes more aggressively than the non-intercooled system.

So, I can agree with FAZM's contention that 30-40 degrees ofUNANTICIPATED IAT increase is dangerous to an engine. But that is NOT what you were saying in the other thread. You said the XCHarger is less safe and less reliable because it runs hotter IAT's. That was wrong then, and still is, and FAZM's point provides absolutely NOTHING to support your position.

Here's one for you to think about.... A car with an intercooler has several failure modes that could lead to loss of cooling, whether it's an air/air or air/water. These losses of cooling can lead to UNANTICIPATED increases of IAT by 30-40 degrees. Can you provide me with a failure mode whereby an XCharger will deliver IAT's that are 30-40 degrees above ANTICIPATED ??

Another thought for you. If higher IAT's alone are a problem, do you have any idea how hot your IAT's are while NOT under boost (about 97% of the time) because the EGR valve is open, pouring exhaust gas into your intake? In fact, both the intercooled and non-intercooled cars run the same inlet temps because the EGR is after the intercooler. This a problem?

P.S. I have no idea how old you are. Whether you're 8 or 80, you continue to mischaracterize my statements and my defense of the XCharger as a safe system, and post incorrect statements about the relative safety of X vs. centri and turbo. That's what I find annoying, not your age.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:54 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

you can believe me, lx200 and i are probably the last people that will agree on things, and he can vouch to that.

and yes i said unanticipated. doesnt matter bout intercooled or non intercooled, if your timing exceeds your iat and fuel specs, ur in trouble lol

Old 02-07-2008, 10:34 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

LX200>[sm=icon_beat.gif]<steelstang
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I agree with that Fazm.... hey, we just did it again !!!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:51 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

You were right Beaustang.......I should have PM'd actual s/c members to get opinions.......but thread wars are so much fun!.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 AM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

I want an S/C screaming sound............not interested in turbo for my aspirations.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

I agree with that Fazm.... hey, we just did it again !!!
I owe you an apology. I guess I misread it. Sorry about this whole thing and anything I posted before about that. Forgive me?[&o]

Just wondering,what's the highest milage anyone had put on their car with the x(2.8' pulley and stock pulley)? Sorry again!

And yes, I admit I was [sm=owned.gif].

Quick Reply: F/I recomendations.