Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Should I trade up to a GT?!?!?(VENT Thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default Should I trade up to a GT?!?!?(VENT Thread)

I'm tired of these F#cking threads. If you don't want a v6 and want the growl of a v8 then get the damn car. Your the one that has to pay the car note and wake up to it everyday. If your v6 is plenty powerful enough then good for you, or maybe a v6 is the only economical choice. My point is be happy with what you have and if your try to please people and are swayed by your peers than you won't go very far in life. You'll always be stuck behind the shadow of the leader that your following.

I personally love my boosted v6. A mustang is a mustang is a mustang is a mustang REGARDLESS of engine./End Rant...
Old 02-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Should I trade up to a GT?!?!?

Good Advice! Don't start threads about this ****. If you want a supercharger(x-charger, vortech, turbo, etc)research them all on your own andUse the search thing here and google. You're thinking about a GT, work out everything on paper and decide what you think is right. And lastly, the only definite way to beat a GT is forced induction. Get a supercharger that puts out 280rwhp+ for good measure and you can beat a stocker. Get a supercharger that puts out 320rwhp+ if you want to beat a good bolt-on GT. And if you want to beat a supercharged GT, get a turbo w/some other mods andpray.
Old 02-02-2008, 07:53 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

YES!
Old 02-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

YES!
Hey smartass, Read the thread. I Don't want a GT.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:04 PM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

Agreed.
Hate threads that asks how to beat a GT.
Should have bought a GT.
Or should have bought a F'ng STI, Evo, M3, Corvette, or a selection of other cars that can beat a GT.

If you bought a V6 and want to mod it to go fast, that's one thing, but doing so to beat a GT just screams an inferiority complex.

I'd be fine with half the F'ng horse power in my V6.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:32 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

My V6 of Fury is faster than any other car on the road. Sometime I sit in the driveway with the car off and put on my open fingered racing gloves, and my Robert Goulet sunglasses and make vroom vroom sounds while violently turning the steering wheel back and forth. This alone scares my neighbors enough they won't even think about racing me.

It has nothing to do with how fast your car is, its how fast the driver is, and I am damn fast!
Old 02-03-2008, 10:42 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

The inferiority complex thing is a two way street, I have seen it from V6 owners, and V8 owners. I've seen it from V8 owners that have a lightly modded car annoyed at these roided up 6's tearing it up. I've seen it from heavily modded 8's running right around mid 11's, just to turn around and see a simularily modded V6FI run high 11's. I've also seen it from V6 owners that deep down, wanted a V8 and for whatever reason didn't get one.

Then theres the annoying "justify to myself why I bought my car threads". At one point, they were erupting every week on these sites. It's ****ing annoying. While I'm not a fan of the "How do I beat a GT" threads, I think its more of a bench mark for a lot of people, but yea, it is old. When I bought my six, my goal was "how do I beat a 350z and M3at the drag strip".

I agree, mod your car, its your car and make it what you want. Get want you want and remember we all have stangs, and we are all on the same team.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:43 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2cokeman

YES!
Whats your ET?
Old 02-03-2008, 10:45 AM
PhattyDre16
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: powerband

Agreed.
Hate threads that asks how to beat a GT.
Should have bought a GT.
Or should have bought a F'ng STI, Evo, M3, Corvette, or a selection of other cars that can beat a GT.

If you bought a V6 and want to mod it to go fast, that's one thing, but doing so to beat a GT just screams an inferiority complex.

I'd be fine with half the F'ng horse power in my V6.
Hey powerband, I have a good psycologist, do you want his number? lol.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:58 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I'm sooo glad this thread wasn't about the main topic. I hesitated when I clicked on it preparing to read someone asking us V6ers if they should "trade up!"
If they have to ask, then their mind is already made up in wanting one to begin with.

Quick Reply: Should I trade up to a GT?!?!?(VENT Thread)