Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback

very nice muffler..had it on my car before.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

A lot of the ones bought last year have been having having reliability issues now.
Yeah, i was talking with Scott about that in December... they retooled to move where the hangers connect to the muffer/pipe to reduce the stress, to elimate the problem...
Old 02-07-2008, 02:26 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

I've had mine since last June. I love it... definitely the loudest single exhaust you can get for the V6. And I don't mean ricer loud... it has a pretty deep rumble to it, and when you really get on it it screams. The downside is that it is a bit pricy. I don't know where you can get it other than MRT-Direct. Definitely makes your car an attention getter, though. I'm going to dual up with another one in the near future.
Well.. not really pricey when you compare it to the other STAINLESS mufflers, not the aluminized ones... it's really about in the same ballpark...

What's really amazing is the science behind the AeroTurbine really does appear to work! When I got mine, the butt dyno said there was a noticable improvement over the Magnflow I was running at the time... I was like hmmmmm.... so I took the car over to Alternative Auto and had Lidio throw the car on the dyno... Much to are surprise it appeared that my butt dyno was right! The dyno showed I had picke up some power! I picked up a few HP at peak but more impressively was the power I picked up AFTER PEAK!! That shows that the AeroTurbine really works! LOL!

Yes, i realize that the dyno runs were not scientific since they were a little over a month apart.. but the SAE correction should even them out... So i'm confident the AT really did out perform the Magnaflow...

My complete writeup including pics and VIDEOS is at: http://www.v6john.com/Main/Performan.../axle_back.htm

Old 02-07-2008, 02:32 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

ORIGINAL: kirax105strike

I've had mine since last June. I love it... definitely the loudest single exhaust you can get for the V6. And I don't mean ricer loud... it has a pretty deep rumble to it, and when you really get on it it screams. The downside is that it is a bit pricy. I don't know where you can get it other than MRT-Direct. Definitely makes your car an attention getter, though. I'm going to dual up with another one in the near future.
+1 on the duals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyrFrYth4U
thats the setup i am going with next

hey thats my car ^^

i'm just gonna put this out there. there are pretty loud BUT FOR ME, the novelty of loud is wearing off and im starting to pick out things i dont like about them, mostly how high pitched they get at 3.5k+ rpm, i know a 4.0 will never keep a deep sound in the higher rpms so its probably not a "fault" of the aeroturbines as much as it is a just the sound of a 4.0. but i have been considering to sometime in the next few months swapping them out for FRPP stingers or GTAs just so i settle my curiosity then after that i'll keep whatever i like best and sell the other..but thats all still only a "maybe" because i do like how the mrt's sound, im just not positve if something i want to keep forever

as for where to buy them, mrt-direct.com was the only place i could find with them..$500+shipping for duals

I completely understand... I always recommend the MRT AT in a single only... LOL! You might want to also check out the MRT MaxThunders for duals! I was dead set against duals on my V6.... until Scott had my try one... it sounded so good i actually converted to duals!! LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 02:39 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

hey fallout, your duals sound tuff. similar to my jba's but your's seem to have more "bass" sound to them......or maybe its my subwoofer on my computer... [8D]
Old 02-07-2008, 06:00 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

Scrming, is that dyno sheet of the stock exhaust --> aero turbine power difference or magnaflow --> aero turbine?

If it's the magnaflow how much did you gain over stock when you put the aero turbine on
Old 02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMoose

Scrming, is that dyno sheet of the stock exhaust --> aero turbine power difference or magnaflow --> aero turbine?

If it's the magnaflow how much did you gain over stock when you put the aero turbine on
That dyno sheet shows the Magnaflow vs the AeroTurbine! We never did a straight Stock muffler vs AeroTurbine...

What's amazing is the 5500+ RPM difference... notice how the Magnaflow drops off quicker than the AeroTurbine... My guess is that's the Bernouli effect... LOL
Old 02-07-2008, 06:33 PM
MadMoose
2nd Gear Member

wow so that would be a possible 10+ hp and tq over stock by just switching out the muffler. I'm installing mine tommorow so i'll see how it feels
Old 02-07-2008, 06:37 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fallout

ORIGINAL: kirax105strike

+1 on the duals
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyrFrYth4U
thats the setup i am going with next

hey thats my car ^^

i'm just gonna put this out there. there are pretty loud, but for me the novelty of loud is wearing off and im starting to pick out things i dont like about them, mostly how high pitched they get at 3.5k+ rpm, i know a 4.0 will never keep a deep sound in the higher rpms so its probably not a "fault" of the aeroturbines as much as it is a just the sound of a 4.0. but i have been considering to sometime in the next few months swapping them out for FRPP stingers or GTAs just so i settle my curiosity then after that i'll keep whatever i like best and sell the other..but thats all still only a "maybe" because i do like how the mrt's sound, im just not positve if something i want to keep forever

as for where to buy them, mrt-direct.com was the only place i could find with them..$500+shipping for duals
One of the first things I did to my Yellow Tang was to put a Mac Preformance ax back on it and I must say It does keep a deep sound in all the higher/lower RPM range I have had so many people tell me from the Ford Dealer to the Rod Shop I thought It was a V8 it sounds so good. Utube Mac, thats what I did and if I ever went Duel it would be Mac all the way.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:45 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MadMoose

wow so that would be a possible 10+ hp and tq over stock by just switching out the muffler. I'm installing mine tommorow so i'll see how it feels
Ok... I hate to give exact numbers since the dyno testing was not back to back while the car was still strapped on the dyno... We did try to make the test as fair as possible though! That being said I can honestly say i FELT a performance difference in the mid to upper RPMs... There was enough difference that I paid to have the car dyno'ed... and the dyno did confirm that I was in fact feeling the gain... so I don't want to put an exact number on it, i do feel confident in saying there was a gain with the AT... make sense?

Quick Reply: MRT Aeroturbine Axleback