Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

Ibought my 06 with 21,000 on it. premium in great condition.I took it for 14,000.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
ruger3.5
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

A little advice from someone that makes a living with loans. If you can, avoid financing 72 months because unless you are putting a good bit of money/trade in you will be upside down if you ever decide to trade it in. When you get a rate from the dealership there is always an upsale in it. For Ex. If you have A+ credit a credit union/bank will tell the dealer they can finance the vehicle at 5% with maybe a 2% upsale. The dealership will try to get you at 7% and use that extra 2% because they make extra money off of it. With the way the economy is right now you can probably find a better rate than that, and credit unions normally have better rates than banks, not to mention service. If you are not sure about buying it right away my advice is wait because vehicle rates will probably DROP again very soon!
Old 02-09-2008, 01:03 AM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ruger3.5

A little advice from someone that makes a living with loans. If you can, avoid financing 72 months because unless you are putting a good bit of money/trade in you will be upside down if you ever decide to trade it in. When you get a rate from the dealership there is always an upsale in it. For Ex. If you have A+ credit a credit union/bank will tell the dealer they can finance the vehicle at 5% with maybe a 2% upsale. The dealership will try to get you at 7% and use that extra 2% because they make extra money off of it. With the way the economy is right now you can probably find a better rate than that, and credit unions normally have better rates than banks, not to mention service. If you are not sure about buying it right away my advice is wait because vehicle rates will probably DROP again very soon!
I think you're right... Screw the dealer; I'm gonna try to secure financing from my credit union before I step onto another dealer floor.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 AM
powerband
2nd Gear Member

You sound like a person with patience.
It is a virtue.
Continue to research for

1. a better loan rate and duration (don't take a loan through the dealership and *try* to get one for less than 72 months)
2. a better priced Mustang

Good luck.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:16 AM
dgv607

i got my pp down to 17,000
then after it was all said and done it was 24,750
Old 02-09-2008, 01:18 AM
ruger3.5
1st Gear Member

One more thing, Im not sure if you were interested but if you want to purchase GAP insurance or even an extended warranty check with your credit union. I know we sell them and beat the dealership's prices everytime.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

i paid 18500 out the door for my pp as well. i also used cash as far the the dealership was concerned; i took a line of credit against my house and i just wrote them a check.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 AM
ruger3.5
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Devil Wolf

i paid 18500 out the door for my pp as well. i also used cash as far the the dealership was concerned; i took a line of credit against my house and i just wrote them a check.
Taking the line of credit out against your house has a lot of advantages and pretty much no disadvantages.
1. You are getting a loan either way, at least the one against your house the interest will be tax deductible
2. You have the title
3. Most line of credit loans are based off of the prime rate, which is currently at 6% which means that even if you dont have the best of credit you can still get a great rate.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:13 AM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

I don't know about your area but here Ford Credit is advertising 0% for 36 - 60 months depending on the vehicle. They have some listed at .9% and 2.9% also. If you get the actual price where you want it and then get approved at 0% - 2.9% that is hard to beat in my opinion.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:07 AM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

don't buy new by used u will save soo much cash.....i learned my lesson.

Quick Reply: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?