Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 07:59 AM
joeymustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

I bought my 05 on october with 11,700 miles for 16k I pay 405 including insurance for 5 years.

Dont know in the states, but over here that is a good deal. I have friends paying 480 monthly for scion tc.

Dont make them tell you the price, make them one and work from that
Old 02-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Green Machine 123
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?

ORIGINAL: joeymustang

I bought my 05 on october with 11,700 miles for 16k I pay 405 including insurance for 5 years.

Dont know in the states, but over here that is a good deal. I have friends paying 480 monthly for scion tc.

Dont make them tell you the price, make them one and work from that

true......i just traded my 06 v6 and i picked up a used 05 GT fully loaded leather and the whole bit fo 19000$ with 26000 kms on her....i will never buy new again...
Old 02-09-2008, 10:12 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

Used? EWE! [:@]

Yes, definately get the best financing deal you can if you have to go that route. Been there done that. The dealer wanted almost 26K for my pp which made me laugh. When I made my offer, the sales man nearly fell over. Had all the usual BS to say in a lame attempt to get me to agree to a higher price i.e. his commission and the dealers 'needless markups'.
Don't be afraid to walk away if they won't give you the price you want.

If you do, you'll end up getting a call from the sales manager anywhere from hours to a few days later making you an offer they feel you can't refuse. When you go back, stick to your guns and you'll end up driving off the lot with your new pp for the price (or close to it) that you wanted to pay in the first place.

Do your research on the net. Find out what others paid etc. etc. etc. Know what you are talking about when you open your mouth and you can't lose!

Ford is dealing right now and offering excellent financing terms. 0% APR is almost irresistible for me but again, I paid cash out of my own pocket for my ride. That's always the best way to go if you can swing it.

Schaahwing!

Old 02-09-2008, 10:13 AM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

I bought a 08 v6 premium from scratch (factory order) and I negotiated 3grand off it! So talk talk talk.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:22 AM
wolfey2k
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: addison85

I bought a 08 v6 premium from scratch (factory order) and I negotiated 3grand off it! So talk talk talk.
Only 3 grand? Hmm.....Okay....
Old 02-09-2008, 10:34 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ruger3.5

One more thing, Im not sure if you were interested but if you want to purchase GAP insurance or even an extended warranty check with your credit union. I know we sell them and beat the dealership's prices everytime.
Correct, sometimes the credit union will include the gap insurance at no extra cost.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Fallout
3rd Gear Member

that price seems way high for a V6, you pushing Gt costs at that point and might as well go for one if you spend that much on a 4.0

i bought an 08 in oct, pony package,ambient lighting,leather(but not IUP), for $20k..sticker on it was about 24 if i remember correctly, maybe just under
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 AM
metalmat

bought my 05 v6 fully loaded vert a year ago with 11k miles on it for 17.5k. I will never buy new.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:31 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

From what I am reading
"I didn't even ask what interest rate they were giving me."
He never gave a number for how much over invoice he was,
but he said he was "just above invoice."

This saleman had you on the hook but didnt reel you in.
Never buy on a whim and a deal. Never buy the same day
you look at cars. Get busisness cards from all salesmen
and flaunt them at other dealerships for buying leverage.
They will not let a sale go out the door but they will try
and get the most $$ out of you. They are professionals
at getting $$ from uneducated suckers. If you show that
you are going to buy a car, just not sure from who, they
will fight for your busisness. You have the upper hand at
this point. When in any doubt, walk away. It will still be
there 24 hours from then. Bravo for walking (or running)
away.

ORIGINAL: metalmat

bought my 05 v6 fully loaded vert a year ago with 11k miles on it for 17.5k. I will never buy new.
Once you buy new, there is nothing quite like it.
Its almost worth the $$ to know the history of
the ol stang. The used ones around here are mostly
used up rental cars that have many miles of ragging
on them. Door protectors and all.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:51 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

You should be able to get 0% financing on it right now. Check the list price vs the options that are on the sticker..sometimes you might miss something such as wheel lock kit. You might be able to negotiate small items like that to be included or excluded. But the price doesn't sound bad to me. 72 month probably has some APR though. Are we talking out the door price here? I was out the door for around 26k as far as I remember. But this was 06, I think pony package might cost less now I'm not sure.

Quick Reply: Almost bought my V6 Pony tonight from a dealership... Was this a good deal?