Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

thoughts on my new duals

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Black Pony 4.0

Default thoughts on my new duals

My first 'real' mod!

Custom exhaust with h-pipe and flow 40s. $290 total

I love the sound at idle. It's deep and throaty.There's more interior noise than I'd counted on....I suppose it's the dreaded drone. I was told it would lessen as the pipes aged a bit.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: thoughts on my new duals

Good for you hope you enjoy them on your car. I would love to heir them if you can get a sound bite put together. I know I am new here so it is not my intension to upset any one but I just do not get this hole dual and muffler craze and then the same old response of its loud inside the car thing. Has any one ever road in a true muscle car? They are all loud inside. Like I said I truly do not want to upset any one but this post, Is to give your thoughts so I thought I would. If you are going to put duals on and new performance mufflers you will have louder interior sounds from the equipment you have installed to your car. Thank you and enjoy your more Muscle sounding car I love the sound of my car and would rather listen to it then the radio.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM
07Mustang_On_18s

I was thinking of getting that same setup. Can youpost a video or a sound clip?
Old 02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
oi8achevy
2nd Gear Member

the nice thing about an end mufler set up is its easy to change the muffler for different sound levels. if you want to invest in a second set for a more "civilized" noise level, just get a set of gt takeoffs for when you want that mild mellow sound.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:21 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Good for you hope you enjoy them on your car. I would love to heir them if you can get a sound bite put together. I know I am new here so it is not my intension to upset any one but I just do not get this hole dual and muffler craze and then the same old response of its loud inside the car thing. Has any one ever road in a true muscle car? They are all loud inside. Like I said I truly do not want to upset any one but this post, Is to give your thoughts so I thought I would. If you are going to put duals on and new performance mufflers you will have louder interior sounds from the equipment you have installed to your car. Thank you and enjoy your more Muscle sounding car I love the sound of my car and would rather listen to it then the radio.
Haha no problem here, the louder the better for me, hell if I wanted a quiet ride I'da bought Camry or somethin'. I was driving around with one of the salesgals in the company, wer were doing dual cold calling...She said the ride was loud and stiff like a tank, she didn't like it, she told me it's a bachelor car and she couldn't see me driving anything else lol. I told her wait till I get duals and upgraded suspension, louder but a bit smoother ride. She's used to it though, her now passed away husband was a muscle car nut, and he liked his **** loud and aggressive. I love my 6'r, gonna keep it and put some F/I on it, rather than trade it up for a GT.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Ha good for you I like my s#** loud too LOL The best thing is when I do have a woman in it and she starts talking away I can down shift a gear step on it and all I can heir is my Sally talking to me.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

Ha good for you I like my s#** loud too LOL The best thing is when I do have a woman in it and she starts talking away I can down shift a gear step on it and all I can heir is my Sally talking to me.
Hahaha! A fellow male indeed!
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
kdrshocker
2nd Gear Member

congrats on your duals - i'm sure you'll love them. i sure as hell love mine