Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally bought my new V6!!!...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 02:47 AM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

Default Finally bought my new V6!!!...

Well, I finally bought my new V6... I shopped around and found a really good deal on an '07 model with 4500 miles on it. I brought along a friend with me to the dealer, and after shopping around for new ones, this '07 seemed like a good deal. Evenmy friend agreed that the car looks almost brand new. Engine, interior, paint, everything looks like new. It's Ford Certified Pre-Owned, and the warrantyis just as good as on a new car, so I have a lot of confidence that I didn't inherit someone else's lemon (knock on wood).

It handles really nice and it has all the featuresI was looking for: Pony Package, Interior Upgrade, ABS... It even has leather seats, which I wasn't even shopping for initially, but makes it an even sweeter deal. I was going to buy a black car, but I ended up going with the Vapor Metallic after my friend told me aboutall the trouble he has keeping his black car clean. I'm really happy with the color, and the car has thestripe delete, so I don't have the "Mustang" sticker across the bottom of the car. I actually prefer the cleaner look without the stripe.

Anyway, I feel honored and blessed to havefinally purchased my first Mustang. I can't wait to wake up tommorow and really start driving it. When I get some good pictures taken, I'll post them. Here's to a new chapter in my life as a Mustang owner...
Old 02-17-2008, 03:53 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Finally bought my new V6!!!...

congrats![sm=smiley32.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=smiley20.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]
Old 02-17-2008, 04:48 AM
06roushv6
2nd Gear Member

cool, congrats on the new stang! can't wait to see some pics!
Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Congrats on the new Stang! I'll echo the above post - post up some pics!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:12 AM
Albion47

Reference posting pics, how do you do it?
I tried up loading and it kicked me out with file to large.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on the new car. I would love to see it when you upload a pic. Enjoy it don't get to crazy in it. It's easy to do
[sm=welcomesign.gif]
Old 02-17-2008, 09:52 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Albion47

Reference posting pics, how do you do it?
I tried up loading and it kicked me out with file to large.
Upload pictures to photobucket or any other hosting site, and just imbed the pictures in the post using the "image" button above the text post box.

Congrats, let see those pics!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Congrats! I thought Vapor was an 08 color?

Old 02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Congrats! Your friend is right. It is VERY hard to keep the black clean. The back seems to get dirty 2-3 days after washing it. Maybe sooner. I'll agree with you on the cleaner look with out the stripe. Although, some Mustangs on here make me really consider putting it back on with what they did with their car.

Hope you enjoy it, I know you will! And good job taking a friend, its always better to have a second person with you when shopping for vehicles.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tmsmith

[sm=happybounce.gif]

Congrats! Your friend is right. It is VERY hard to keep the black clean. The back seems to get dirty 2-3 days after washing it. Maybe sooner. I'll agree with you on the cleaner look with out the stripe. Although, some Mustangs on here make me really consider putting it back on with what they did with their car.

Hope you enjoy it, I know you will! And good job taking a friend, its always better to have a second person with you when shopping for vehicles.
Thanks for the kind words... Yes, I'm liking the Mustang without the stripe, and I figure if I ever change my mind, I can always add it on later. And you are correct, my friend was a big help in negotiating the deal. It's nice to have a second pair of eyes and ears to help you with the process. Also, it's good for asking advice when you're not sure of something. Anyway, I'll definitely be posting pictures when I can.

Quick Reply: Finally bought my new V6!!!...