Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bank/cj pony parts fiasco

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 03:51 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default bank/cj pony parts fiasco

So when I ordered my FRPP duals and t-lok from cj pony parts I put my college address in instead of my home addresswhere the card is issued to me. My fault. So they tried to put the order through with the college addy and it came back as declined for CJ's, but showed up on my statement.

Well I call both sides, eventually going to the bank and having them talk to each other. The bank said that the charge would fall off last night at midnight, and CJ could run it again in the morning. Cj ran itthis morning and it worked for them; however, both charges are on my online statement, resulting in a negative balance in my checking account. CJ says they can't do anything about it because the first didn't go through on their end, so they didn't get a drop code. The bank says they can't do anything without the drop code.

So I am supposed to have negative balanceinmy checkingfor up to a week whileI wait for that initial charge to disappear! I have money in my account back home, but I don't ever touch that, just wanted to keep that there in case of emergency. Guess I'll have to transfer it over to cover my a$$.

I really did not like the way the Lisa lady from CJ acted about the whole thing. Basically she just told me she couldn't do anything about it (which may be true), but she didn't offer to talk to the boss to see if they could do anything about it, didn't apologize for the troubles, just basically said you're SOL. Not impressed there AT ALL.[>:] On top of it all, the bank will probably try to charge me an overdraw charge on my checking this whole week. It woulda all just worked out fine if I woulda put myhome address in the first place....[:@][/rant]
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
Trmachuno
5th Gear Member

Default RE: bank/cj pony parts fiasco

You should of just ordered parts from rpmoutlet.com

Seriously, what's with everyone having beef with them. My FRRP gear and t-lok from there work fine and came shippedquickly and perfectly.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SteelStang05

You should of just ordered parts from rpmoutlet.com

Seriously, what's with everyone having beef with them. My FRRP gear and t-lok from there work fine and came shippedquickly and perfectly.
seems that if you dont have a 90% or higher success rate, you're poor service. i also was one of the lucky few who had a flawless transaction with rpm. dont think i will be trying my luck with them again though .
Old 02-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

I am just having some fun here Totally at your expense Please forgive me but remember your 1st post and your quote "I promptly felt a bit of a sinking feeling coinciding with my draining bank account," Been there, done that, sorry about that.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:02 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yellow Tang

I am just having some fun here Totally at your expense Please forgive me but remember your 1st post and your quote "I promptly felt a bit of a sinking feeling coinciding with my draining bank account," Been there, done that, sorry about that.
ya! tell me about it! having it charged to me once was plenty, twice i can't handle! poor bank account...
Old 02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Call the credit card company(Visa,Mastercard,etc.),let them handle it,not the bank that issued it.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:37 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Sounds like this was a debit card.... debit cards often have problems with holds. When it's just a credit card, the hold usually goes on and clears before you get your bill, and in the worst case scenario, just holds some of you available credit limit till it clears. When you use a debit card, it also holds money when a charge is first put through, but it is actually holding money in your checking account (or savings) and therefore it is unavailable to you. For large purchases, always consider using a real credit card and not a debit card.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:42 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

^just made a note to self.