Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

V6 Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:39 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

Default V6 Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package

so I just got off from the phone w/ the dealership and this is the info i got
Premium Tune + CAI = $709
Full Upgrade Kit (CAI+Tune+Xpipe+Dual Mufflers) = $1049
12HP increase

I was wondering if theres anyplace I can get it for cheaper ? I remember reading a couple of posts where people said they ordered the Xpipe+Mufflers for wholesale price which was way cheaper. I live around the fullerton area so im looking for something where I can order it nearby for a cheaper price cuz i Think thats kind of a lot for only a 12hp increase. I forgot to ask whether it was whp or rwhp
Old 02-20-2008, 04:51 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: V6 Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package

you should be getting more hp from just the CAI and tune
Old 02-20-2008, 04:54 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

You can getthe cold air intake and tune for about 600 on the internet. Then for the pypes x pipe it would be like 75. Two pypes mid pipes another 70 if you get it from rpm outlet. I dont know what kind of mufflers there gonna put on it, but if its GT takeoffs you can get those for about 50 bucks on ebay or somewhere.

600 (Cold air intake/tune)+75 (X pipe)+70 (Mid Pipes) + 50 (Mufflers) = 795 Plus shipping for everything.

Are they going to install it allfor the 1049?
Old 02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

i know but im one of those warranty minded people, if anything goes wrong and it isnt under warranty i wont be able to afford to fix it. so im tryna squeeze as much performance as i can w/o messing up my warranty since in the end im under the dealerships decision whether or not the part i replaced caused the damage.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:01 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4.0 Stang

You can getthe cold air intake and tune for about 600 on the internet. Then for the pypes x pipe it would be like 75. Two pypes mid pipes another 70 if you get it from rpm outlet. I dont know what kind of mufflers there gonna put on it, but if its GT takeoffs you can get those for about 50 bucks on ebay or somewhere.

600 (Cold air intake/tune)+75 (X pipe)+70 (Mid Pipes) + 50 (Mufflers) = 795 Plus shipping for everything.

Are they going to install it allfor the 1049?
nope there not including install, i dont need the mufflers i already have my flow 40's... im tryna just get the cai/tune and the xpipe. I tried looking online to get the cai/tune but what site did u see them at? i checked v6mustangstuff/rpm outlet/mrt direct
Old 02-20-2008, 05:02 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

If I remember, you will still be under warranty if you add a CAI unless they can prove that it's the CAI that messed your car up.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:08 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: The Potato

If I remember, you will still be under warranty if you add a CAI unless they can prove that it's the CAI that messed your car up.
true but the thing im worried about the most is anything that goes wrong with the engine, power windows or my a/c breaking well thats really obvious a cai/tune didnt do that, but if anything goes wrong w/ my engine well experience from my old car, it was a pretty hefty price i found myself spending like $1,000 every other month fixing something that broke so thats why i decided to get a mustang and save some $
Old 02-20-2008, 05:09 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

All I can say is make sure you go with the FRPP duals at the very least, that's worth the cash. As for the Ford tune and CAI, I'd wait until you're out of warranty for a different brand if you are really concerned about your warranty because 12hp isn't really worth that much change.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM
proper
2nd Gear Member

sadly im out of warranty when i hit 75,000 miles lol and im only at 10,000
Old 02-20-2008, 05:22 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Ouch, but that's a hell of a warranty. Well, if you really are that set on it, go ahead and get it. But some people do reflash their tune back to stock and replace the stock intake if they are still under warranty and they need to take their car in so if you wanted to put yourself through that everytime thats your call.

Oh, and see if you can work out a deal for the installation if you're going with all that.

Quick Reply: V6 Ford Racing Power Upgrade Package