Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

info on v6's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
ponyboy88
3rd Gear Member

Default info on v6's?

5.0 guy myself, but sis wants me to come in with her to get a new car, trying to push her towards the mustangs, anything i should know about the new age stangs, (havent driven one myself)

also, i heard of a handling package for the 4.0 that was set up with gt suspension but see no mention of it on the ford site, does it exist....

thanks for any and all help
Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Supercruzin
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: info on v6's?

Go test drive the V-6 and I think you will be impressed with the power it has. The pony package has a few items a stock V-6 doesn't that helps the suspension.

If you want something that drives and handles like a GT, buy the GT. Good deals can be had just shop around at several dealerships. I have found I get the best deals closer to the end of the month when they are trying to meet sales quotas.

I own a GT and V6 and it really doesn't matter which one I drive. I enjoy them equally.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:25 PM
tdaddy
2nd Gear Member

The handling pack is probably the pony pack. It includes different fogs, sway bars, and lsd (maybe traction control). FRPP also makes a handeling pack. Anything else you wanna know?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:26 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Ponyboy88,

I just boughtan 07 V6 in the fall. I really like it. I don't think it has the GT suspension. it sits highter than mst Gt's

Sam
Old 02-28-2008, 08:30 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

The Pony Package has better suspension than the regular six. I have been seeing fliers for v6's totally packed with FRPP stuff though, she may be talking about that. That car would probably be pretty bad ***. You get the full FRPP treatment, including intake, dual exhaust, tune, strut tower brace, sway bars, shocks, struts, forged rims, and chin spoiler. That car would be looking at about 200rwhp/240rwtq and could easily out do a GT's suspension.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 PM
ponyboy88
3rd Gear Member

thanks for the responses, a few other quick questions

hows the t5 working for the 4.0's, it wasnt really the best transmission when they started using it on the foxes but was adequate, hows the clutch, is it still stiff as hell

since its not for me but my sis, im not to worried about power, but hopefully will be able to steal a few drives in it, and test it out, there only a few hp short of the stock 5.0 (depressing as that is)
thanks again

-ponyboy88-
Old 02-28-2008, 08:39 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I'm not anti manual, but I love my tuned automatic. It shifts hard and fast. The GT's and V6's have the same automatic.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tdaddy

...the pony pack. It includes different fogs, sway bars, and lsd (maybe traction control)...
The Pony Package does not come with limited slip, no V6 Mustangs come from the factory with limited slip.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:29 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ponyboy88

thanks for the responses, a few other quick questions

hows the t5 working for the 4.0's, it wasnt really the best transmission when they started using it on the foxes but was adequate, hows the clutch, is it still stiff as hell

since its not for me but my sis, im not to worried about power, but hopefully will be able to steal a few drives in it, and test it out, there only a few hp short of the stock 5.0 (depressing as that is)
thanks again

-ponyboy88-
I have manual and to me, it's very easy to shift. Not stiff at all, although there are a few on here who have complained that their car is hard to shift.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
monty21

the clutch feels stiff at first but youll get used to it eventually and as for shifting its pretty smooth after a while

Quick Reply: info on v6's?