Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.

looks great! I didn't get to clay mine today, but managed to put a coat of some nice wax and finish with some turtle wax ice. It is probably going to snow here one more time.... So I don't want to clay until the city puts the salt trucks away.
Old 03-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Thanks everybody, I usually try and get at least 2 waxings in per quarter, I enjoy doing it so it is kind of an unwind time for me. Just focusing on gettin' her clean.
Everybody elses looks great as well!

I may take off the stripe, you don't think gray would look a bit too drab without the stripe? Also, with the color of the car, what spark plug wire color would go well with that, besides black? I don't know if anybody sells white plug wires, but I'd pick some up if someone sells 'em.
And yup, Mothers Clay Bar works wonders for the finish! I don't use it too often though, as It seems like it could possibly affect the clearcoat.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:09 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Rhino77

Thanks everybody, I usually try and get at least 2 waxings in per quarter, I enjoy doing it so it is kind of an unwind time for me. Just focusing on gettin' her clean.

I may take off the stripe, you don't think gray would look a bit too drab without the stripe? Also, with the color of the car, what spark plug wire color would go well with that, besides black? I don't know if anybody sells white plug wires, but I'd pick some up if someone sells 'em.
And yup, Mothers Clay Bar works wonders for the finish! I don't use it too often though, as It seems like it could possibly affect the clearcoat.
Yeah take it off definitely. Black and alloy 'Stangs look so much more complete and mature without those stripes.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OIIIIO

Nice Job! I guess today is Clay Bar Day!
Here's mine...

All your pictures do is make me want to move to Hawaii...
Old 03-02-2008, 12:50 AM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Yeah take it off definitely. Black and alloy 'Stangs look so much more complete and mature without those stripes.
Tell you what I'll do Vic, I'll take a couple of the pics of the Stang, and delete the stripe in Photoshop. If I like how it looks, I'll probably delete it. If I decide to, could I just heat it with a hair dryer, and peel it, then clean the adhesive off? How stuck are those on the paint?
Old 03-02-2008, 01:41 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

omg, both very beautiful!!! nice work.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VictoriaRR

Tell you what I'll do Vic, I'll take a couple of the pics of the Stang, and delete the stripe in Photoshop. If I like how it looks, I'll probably delete it. If I decide to, could I just heat it with a hair dryer, and peel it, then clean the adhesive off? How stuck are those on the paint?
You can heat it with a hair dryer or leave them in the sun for awhile before peeling them off. I think you'll still need Goo-Gone to get all the adhesive off. I don't know how difficult it is... I've not taken mine off. I think the black ones look nice on Tungsten, especially with my racing stripes, so I haven't removed them.Several people here have done it, though.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:00 AM
07go

The first pic looks like a flat-black stang and i think i like it. Super clean
Old 03-02-2008, 11:28 AM
ArcticFrog
2nd Gear Member

Gorgeous cars Rhino and OIIIIO! They make me itch to go out and claybar mine, but we've got a huge stormfront coming in tonight and tomorrow that will be bringing winter back so it would be a wasted effort. Maybe by next weekend I'll be able to! I really can't wait to spend a day in the driveway going over every single inch of my car. I've found a couple rockchips from this winter that need some touchup paint too.
Old 03-02-2008, 12:23 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Nice, I can't wait until I can wax my car and clean my engine without worrying about it getting covered back up with salt. I'll save that job for spring break, and i can't wait. Detailing is fun to do when you have a nice car

Quick Reply: Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.