Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.

Thanks again fellas, and props to you all as well! A clean Mustang just adds to the pride of owning one, and I'll tell you what, I LOVE the tri-bar Pony symbol, can you get anymore all American?!! I think I'd take that over the GT symbol!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:27 AM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Man, all this hating on the rocker stripe. I like mine. Personal opinion really.

All these pics make me even more sick looking at mine all filthy and salty! [:@] Yesterday was so nice it about killed me not to wash it but rain is in the forcast for today and the next 2 days and then they say maybe snow again toward the end of the week so it would have been wasted effort.

I've heard a lot about this clay bar lately but never used one. How difficult is it to use? How long does the bar last?

Thanks for sharing the pics!!!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Hey, we are missing a pic of a car with soap.
Here's mine from a year ago spring:

Old 03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red07Pony

Man, all this hating on the rocker stripe. I like mine. Personal opinion really.

All these pics make me even more sick looking at mine all filthy and salty! [:@] [:@] Yesterday was so nice it about killed me not to wash it but rain is in the forcast for today and the next 2 days and then they say maybe snow again toward the end of the week so it would have been wasted effort.

I've heard a lot about this clay bar lately but never used one. How difficult is it to use? How long does the bar last?

BTW, I like my rocker stripes and plan on keeping them until they start to crack and peel.
I bought Mother's Clay Bar Kit but haven't gotten around to use it yet.

Here's a link with a video that shows you how to use it;

http://www.mothers.com/reelworld/mothersclay.html
Old 03-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

All these pics make me even more sick looking at mine all filthy and salty! [:@] [:@] Yesterday was so nice it about killed me not to wash it but rain is in the forcast for today and the next 2 days and then they say maybe snow again toward the end of the week so it would have been wasted effort.

Mother's Clay is very easy to use, and extremely effective for removing small debris stuck in the paint. It's just a small bar of yellow clay, about 3" x 4", with some lubricating liquid.

You wash your car, then spray the paint with the liquid, then rub the clay will very little pressure back and forth over the paint. You'll feel the paint become slick again as you move the clay over it. Then wash/wax again and the paint'll be like new!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:28 PM
red07Pony
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the info on the clay bar. That does sound easy to use and even answered the question of how long it'll typically last (about 3 full uses). Cool. I'm getting that for sure.

It's raining now and supposed to be crapy weather the rest of the week here. I'm ready for spring already!!! I can't wait to get my baby all shined up
Old 03-03-2008, 08:50 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the info on the clay bar. That does sound easy to use and even answered the question of how long it'll typically last (about 3 full uses). Cool. I'm getting that for sure.

It's raining now and supposed to be crapy weather the rest of the week here. I'm ready for spring already!!! I can't wait to get my baby all shined up
You'll be amazed out how effective the clay is in removing impurities, water spots, or just regular debris embedded in the paint. When you're done the finish will feel like smooth glass!
Old 03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

whats the best way to get rid of slight scratches and spiderwebbing in the paint... i bought mine used and they didnt use a soft enough cloth... also whast the best to get rid of small chips i have a bunch near my headlights... dont konw why... thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

whats the best way to get rid of slight scratches and spiderwebbing in the paint... i bought mine used and they didnt use a soft enough cloth... also whast the best to get rid of small chips i have a bunch near my headlights... dont konw why... thanks
Well, considering Mothers Claybar is the topic at hand, I'd definitely recommend trying that, then a good waxing after that. Many people have reported success taking out micro-scratches with the clay, then wax.

As for the chips, are you sure they are chips? The reason I ask is, I was behind a dump truck last week, and the average speed on the highway was about 75, I got bombarded by sand/pebbles. I got home and first checked out my hood and bumper, and I found a ton of knicks and scratches, I was ssoooo pissed!!
Anyway, this past weekend I figured I would take some Clay to the bumper and hood to see if it would do anything...OH MAN...What I originally thought were knicks and scratches, was actually the minerals left behind from the sand hitting the paint, they weren't knicks or scratches at all!!
I started rubbing the clay all over it with the lubricant, and all the supposed knicks/scratches lifted right off the paint! I did get two small scratches from the sand, but I'd say the clay took out at least 99% of what I thought was a ruined hood.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I cant stand winter, I havent washed my car in probably a month. But i havent taken it to a car wash ever....hope to keep it that way. Missed a nice day yesterday because I had to study.

Quick Reply: Waxed/Washed my pony today, pics included.