Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey all! Help me out

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Blazed

Default Hey all! Help me out

Alright so I bought my 2007 V6 (Torch Red?) Mustang about 2 weeks ago, and I'm completly in love with it. I want to do some mods to it, but I'm not sure on what to do first. Although I won't do it right away, because of research and money of course lol, I'd like to get some tips from you guys onto what is best to do and such because I'm new to mustangs and the whole concept of having my own car lol (I'm 19). Anyways any ideas, not too expensive, are good! My budget is about 200-300 a month to maybe spend on it. I've been thinking about taking off the stripes on the side, my feelings are mixed honestly. What do you guys think ?

Some of the ideas I've been thinking about are :
GT Bumpers and Grille with Fogs
HID kit
New rims/tires
Window tint
CAI

I can go on for days haha but the money won't. [:@]

[Here are some pictures]

Old 03-07-2008, 05:36 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hey all! Help me out

Nice looking car. Well, do you want to do some performance mods first or some exterior/interior styling mods?
Old 03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
4.0 Stang
3rd Gear Member

Perfomance wise I would go with the C&L Cold air intake with the x cal2 Programer. It will run you about 600 bucks but its worth it.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:47 PM
Blazed

I think for the most part interior/exterior mods, since performance work is usually more expensive. Although I really want a CAI.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:48 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

Hey buddy......nice car.......bet you're pretty excited. I remember when i had got mine, i wanted to drive it everywhere. It looks like you want to do some exterior mods. I would definetly take off the bottom sidestripe......Iit was the first thing i did to my pony package. Definetly get rid of the stocker rims and get some bullits....i would have sold you mine..rims and tires..(300.00)....but they sold a few days ago. Change out the stock restrictive exhaust ....listen to the sound clips of eah as there are many to choose from. have fun with your new stang!
Old 03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
95cobby
2nd Gear Member

Nice car man! I'd start off with performance, CAI/Tune and convert to Daul Exhaust. Then go for your apperance mods.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:04 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Here are some choices that I would get for exterior

http://www.americanmuscle.com/verde-...tt-wheels.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-mus...ht-covers.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/05-mus...ht-covers.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...out-panel.html (along witht he smoked tail lights, optional on this one)

Also, have you considered racing stripes for your car? I would consider going black if you did the smoked tailights, go for a black/red theme.

What you also need is an exhaust, whether it be an axle back or a catback. I advise you get a GT take off muffler, louder sound and looks more nice.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Full Throttle
2nd Gear Member

take of the rocker stripes yourself and get the windows tinted first. that should be pretty cheap. I wouldn't do performance mods just yet until you get used to stock
Old 03-07-2008, 07:11 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Cai w/tune(especially if an automatic)and a HP muffler. Vmptuning has a great deal on cai and Xcal2 tune for less then $500.00. GT takeoff mufflers are dirt cheap everywhere online. This is arguably the best first thing you can do to you V6 Mustang! GOOD LUCK!! And enjoy your new Mustang.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:08 PM
Blazed

I'm not exactly sure what Xcal2 tune is? Is it just like taking the car for a tune up? lol sorry like I said I am new. Also how come they need to be tuned? I mean like I get it but I don't get it

Quick Reply: Hey all! Help me out