Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Going duels...

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 03:14 AM
StreamlineStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Going duels...

What's your recomended way of doing duel exaust. I have duel GT mufflers and I plan on cutting the rear V6 bumper with the directions that were given to me by one of the vendors. But what's the most cost efective way to go about it? Where do I buy and what do I buy in other words? haha. Thanks for the help, Tyler
Old 03-09-2008, 03:25 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Going duels...

Duel exhaust - use midpipes as swords and fight to the death. [/homophone humor attempt]

You already have the GT takeoff mufflers? If you are comfortable doing it yourself, you could buy a cheap dual exhaust kit like the one from Ninosport, and then install it yourself. That one from nino sport is 280.

Or you could get a quote from a exhaust shop to see what they'd charge you to run duals back to your GT takeoffs. I know the shop I went to wanted $300 to run duals if I supplied the mufflers.

Alternatively, you could get GT takeoff H and midpipes and use them, I know some people have done that sort of setup. Not sure what that costs though.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:33 AM
ChrisRod
2nd Gear Member

HAVE AT THEE MORTAL!
Old 03-09-2008, 06:56 AM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I took my GT mufflers and tipsto a local shop. He supplied the driver side mid pipe, driver side muffler hanger brackets and the H pipe. He let me cut the bumper cover with the car on the rack. We centered the tips and made sure the tip length was the same. Started the car, raised it back up and checked for leaks. I know this guy, so I don't know if all shops would let you be under the car with him. If going this route, just make sure it's a really good shop.

edit: He did it all for $250
Old 03-09-2008, 10:23 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Just get the FRPP dual exhaust kit. It has everything you need to do it, including the bumper flanges for the V6 bumper. Not to mention it sounds bad ***!
Old 03-09-2008, 01:09 PM
torque_is_good
2nd Gear Member

sorry but I've never seen exhaust DUEL before however I have seen dual exhausts so I can't help
Old 03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

I have the ninosport kit with the GT's and am more than happy with it
Old 03-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

Duel exhaust - use midpipes as swords and fight to the death.
Thank you for pointing this out. I can just see two guys dressed like Robin Hood trying to kill each other with midpipes.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:55 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

haha... i think dueling with 2.5" stainless would be very tiring.... i went with the JBA h-pipe with gt takeoffs and love it... it was a bit more expensive but worth it.. plus no muffler shop would custom make my set up.. they only offered to do a reverse y pipe... lazy bums
Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
5SpeedPony

I went with the same set up - - JBA H-pipe and GT take-offs. The sound is great (deep without being too loud; none of the dreaded "drone") and I'm very happy with it. Lots of other folks have used the FRPP X-pipe or Pypes X-pipe system and are also very happy. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, it's really a matter of personal preference forthe type sound you want. Whatever system you go with, I strongly recommend that you have the X- or H-pipe connections and the midpipetack welded to avoidannoying rattles. Don't have the axle-backs welded though, in case you want to change out the mufflers. Good luck.