Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Re:VMP Intake+VMP Tune+GT Muffler Pckg

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

Default Re:VMP Intake+VMP Tune+GT Muffler Pckg

the 210RWHP/247RWTQ from VMP Intake, VMP Tune, and GT Muffler RWHP/RWTQ quote is with the VMP 3'in+MAF intake, GT take off axleback and xcal2 with 93 octane VMP tune? is that 210hp to the wheel? THAT CANT BE CRANK...are cars make 210 crank right? someone clear this up for me. i know theres a thread but it didnt answer my question. i am going to have the VMP Intake, VMP Tune, and GT Mufflerin a few days ...my cars an automatic..so im wondering what my car will make at the crank and to the wheels...im thinking 230ish crank? ?????? heres the link where i got that quote from:
https://mustangforums.com/m_3154038/mpage_2/key_/tm.htm[/align][/align]thanks mustang veesix lovers![/align]
Old 03-11-2008, 09:16 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Re:VMP Intake+VMP Tune+GT Muffler Pckg

210 rwhp is for the manual I believe, for the auto it is 200 rwhp, with the vmp kit (which what I have). Stock autos put down 175 rwhp, so they lose 35 from crank to wheel, so if it stays the same, then with the kit it should be between 235-240 at the crank, and around 260 crank torque, almost as much as a 350z.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the clarity! thats what i wanted to know! you have the vmp intake, vmp tune and gt axleback? hows it drive? i get my car back in 6 days! i cant wait!
ORIGINAL: TAoW1939

210 rwhp is for the manual I believe, for the auto it is 200 rwhp, with the vmp kit (which what I have). Stock autos put down 175 rwhp, so they lose 35 from crank to wheel, so if it stays the same, then with the kit it should be between 235-240 at the crank, and around 260 crank torque, almost as much as a 350z.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: opticalveracity

thanks for the clarity! thats what i wanted to know! you have the vmp intake, vmp tune and gt axleback? hows it drive? i get my car back in 6 days! i cant wait!
ORIGINAL: TAoW1939

Got the same setup w/the GT takeoff, auto as well. You're gonna love it man, gonna feel like a totally different car. I eventually picked up a Bama torque tune, and that bastid has so much launch and pull! VMP does good tunes though as well, wish I had 93 octane in the area Only 91 in stupid gay california
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 AM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

I have all this, but instead of a CAI I just went with a K&N drop in filter. However, the car pulls like noone's business with VMP's 93 performance tune, and even with the 93 mileage tune. I haven't tried other vendors, but may load a bama 93 race tune to round out my 93 tunes. Nonetheless it is a good package and Justin is for real, he has good customer service, numbers to back up his claims, and PLENTY of satisfied customers.

Best of luck and you will love the way the car feels.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

yeah man, i am going from an S&B CAI with GT takeoff axleback to a VMP 3in+MAF CAI+VMP tuned XCAL2 this monday!!!!!!!!! i cant wait!! i have procrastinated SO LONG to tune my car...and so im thrilled just on that. now ,to find a company and hear nothing but amazinggggggggg things about is a plus! last but not least, after all the tuner threads ive skimmed through, i have never seen so much positive feedback on one company. Other then BAMA, i never hear as much praise on ones company. So you got me going from NO TUNE, to being tuned with this new company for me and hearing nothing but amazing things and reading fantatsic details of how the car pulls!!!!!!!!!!i am a loss for words! I CANNOT WAITTTTTTT!

Got the same setup w/the GT takeoff, auto as well. You're gonna love it man, gonna feel like a totally different car. I eventually picked up a Bama torque tune, and that bastid has so much launch and pull! VMP does good tunes though as well, wish I had 93 octane in the area Only 91 in stupid gay california
Old 03-12-2008, 12:30 PM
opticalveracity
2nd Gear Member

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!! I cant wait!!! Im all about the low end pull as well! I cannot waittttttttttttttttt!!! This monday i get my car back, going to pick it up with acervini's grille, VMP intake and a tuner waiting for muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait! i just am nervous about tuning the car myself, ive never messed with a tuner before..did you guys all tune your own car? is it say to say VMP rules and justin for president???? lol thanxxxx for all the wonderful feedback gentleman!!!!
ORIGINAL: laserred02

I have all this, but instead of a CAI I just went with a K&N drop in filter. However, the car pulls like noone's business with VMP's 93 performance tune, and even with the 93 mileage tune. I haven't tried other vendors, but may load a bama 93 race tune to round out my 93 tunes. Nonetheless it is a good package and Justin is for real, he has good customer service, numbers to back up his claims, and PLENTY of satisfied customers.

Best of luck and you will love the way the car feels.

Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

how are their mileage tunes? I'm thinking an 87 mileage tune for normal driving and an 87 and 93 performance ones. How much horsepower is sacraficed from not getting the 93 tune? and getting the regular 87 then the mileage 87...?