Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mod Time!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Greece2000

Default Mod Time!

Ok...after a while of research and driving my V6 i do find it lacking andI have FINALLY decided to take the plunge and get mods. I have been reading this site quite a bit to get as much reasearch as I can. The mod buying goes down on the 28th when I get my 2K bonus. 1K goes to credit cards :"> last of my debt.

for 1K this is what I plan on getting. CAI + SCT XCAL 3 Tuner. Hurst Short Shifter. Tint. I already have the dual flowmaster super 40's. (https://mustangforums.com/m_1839512/tm.htm) but they do drone which makes me curious about getting new exhaust for the back. Anyone have any particular advice?

I don't know what else i could get at this time with the rest of the money but I think these mods are good for now but if you have any advice on extra things to get please tell me :">. One thing i do want in the future is a GT appearance kit. The bumper and front bumper. Mine has a fat *** scratch on it as someone knicked it in a parking lot. You can't tell from a distance but..you know it when you see it. So my questions are this...

For 1K .... What is the best CAI + SCT XCAL 3 deal I can get? Should i order custom tunes with it or just stick with what comes with the tuner? Where would you suggest that I buy the combo? Also how is everyone enjoying their Hurst Short Shifter?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:29 AM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Default RE: Mod Time!

what sort of use is your stang??? weekends only? DD (daily driver)??? occasional track??? frequent track??? Street only??? need a bit more info for better advice ... as far as the tuner goesi would go with doug at bamachips... i've heard nothing but good reviews on his tunes.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

there are many intakes out there and several that seem well respected around the forums. the few good ones that come to mind that REQUIRE a tune are C&L, Demolet, JLT, Steeda and VMP's custom intake which is the lowest price. Respectable intakes that don't require a tune (but work best with a tune regardless) would be K&N, BBK, aFe, MMR, S&B, Airaid and etc., etc. like i said earlier, there are MANY intakes out there. As for custom tunes, BamaChips, VMP and Brenspeed seem to be the big three as far as mail order tunes goes. There are others but you will quickly find that these are the most mentioned around here. I really don't want to be biased and push one over the other but by reading and researching the forums, you can definitely narrow down your choices for a win win purchase. good luck man.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:25 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I bought the C&L CAI/Xcal3 from Bama. I love it.

Your plans sound great, but as far as the exhaust, if you already have duals in place and you don't like the drone, get some FRPP GTA's and you will love them.

As far as paying off the credit card and starting mods... good luck with that. *evil grin*
Old 03-13-2008, 01:30 PM
Slacker584
1st Gear Member

Check out Oddysey's sig for his mods, they seem to be the best representation of what a majority of us 05+ sixer owners look for when modding the car. Two important things you left out are a limited slip rear differential and new gears.

Also, those questions that Wolfpup listed are a good way to start in determining what mods to get for your needs and conditions. Good luck [sm=lol.gif]