Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Another Stupid Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:24 AM
USCTrey

Default RE: Another Stupid Question

It's happened to me and someone else I know that has a mustang too. Just follow the adice above, change the angle, or don't push the nozzle in all the way.

Or just do I did hte first time it happened and drive to a different gas station...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:49 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

I checked all the TSB' s, my car was made in 5/05 so it is after the gas tank redesign tsb. Will discuss it with them when I go for the recall though. That the only time I've had problems really, is with the accordian nozzle. Maybe just because I'm not use to them.

But, just for general ideas, here's how our dealership is here in redneck land-- they don't have a waiting room!!! They have a sales lobby, sales offices, and sales "tower", but no waiting room for service dept! I watched one time, I had an 8 am appointment for the fuel pump tsb. Told them I would wait because they said it would take only 30 min. I was first on their list, armed with my cup of coffee from the gas store. Well, I walked around the lot, got attacked by 3 sales guys, went into the sales lobby and hovered. At 9:30 my car was still outside in their parking lot. Then finally, they took it in after driving it on the back road for a few minutes. An hour after that, I heard it again, on the back road behind the dealership. (that's right I heard it, as the mechanic was revving the engine the entire time, little punk!) Well, finally they come to get me. After a good A$$ chewing from me, I got my keys. There service desk looks like an old fashioned NAPA auto part store.
I envy those with a proper dealership! Someone was talking about their's the other day on here, nice floors, nice service dept, glass windows to watch your car being worked on... I could only dream...
Old 03-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: basketballord

i thought there was a TSB on this
Yes there is I have this problem 1 out of 20 times I fill up too. There is a TSB on this
Old 03-18-2008, 12:01 PM
CroDalmatinac
4th Gear Member

My car does the same exact thing at every single BP gas station. Yep, the gas station Ford recommends. The irony of it all...haha. It works perfectly fine in ever other gas station though.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:32 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy
What is the actual point to that type of nozzle?

That's there to catch the gas fumes that would escape while you filling up.

Can you still buy leaded gas where you are?
Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jimkaray

Can you still buy leaded gas where you are?
You'd think so, huh??? Our sheriff still only carries one bullet (like Barney Fife)!!!
This is the home of the Leukemia Cluster, all over the news a few years ago, and 20 miles from the big levee break in January. For such a small town, behind in the times, we get a lot of nationwide publicity!

Everything here is 89 unleaded $3.49, mid grade $3.59, high $3.69, diesel is a whopping $3.99.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Smgfan1224
1st Gear Member

i live in vegas and i only get this problem once in a while depending what gas station i go to.. there is a rebel which used to be 76 that as an older style pump that does this. I just pump enough to get me to another gas station hahahaha