Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New sixer in the Mist

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

Default New sixer in the Mist

Just purchased a 06 Mustang today, its Grey with the pony package, will be posting pics here in a day or so, just need to take em. I've owned 3 perviously but its been a little while. I love my new car and look forward to getting to know all of you on the 6 cyl side here.

I do have a question, just noticed that it may have been smoked in a little. Its not real bad but the wife can smell it a little. I know smoke is a chemical and can be hard to remove but does anybody out there have any idea on how to removed the odor. Would replacing the head liner do it or maybe just a good detail or what?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New sixer in the Mist

wecome to the forums and congrats on your stang!

as for the smoke, a good cleaning/detail might do it, i used to smoke in my old car a lot and every now and then id take it in and get it cleaned out. not sure what they did, but they got the smell out.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Welcome!

Try a little Febreze.

http://www.febreze.com/
Old 03-24-2008, 10:03 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Welcome aboard! Your going to love the new ride, and hate the new mod bug... whenever it may bite.

As for the smoke odor... Let me know what you can find out. I do not smoke, nor let anyone smoke near my car but I am curious as if there is anything out there that can get rid of the horrible smell. [:'(]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Mustangs4U
3rd Gear Member

Thanks everybody, I already have the bug, just need to figure out where to start.......

I tried the febreeze when I got home and it work for the day, but by the end I started to smell it again. I think the febreez only covers the smell, I will do some research and see if I can find something out there that will actually get rid of the smell, I'll let you know when I do. Like I said, its hardly noticable, I didnt really notice it at first but it is there.
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Pony_car
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem when I purchased my '07 Mustang. It was almost brand new, except for the faint smell of cigarettes left behind by the previous owner. It wasn't too bad, but it was there, and a few of my friends commented on it right after I bought it.

I don't know if I've just gotten used to it, but it seems like the smell just fades away after a while. I've had mine for about two months now, and the smell seems gone. Also, no one that's ridden in the car lately has said anyhting, so I think it is gone. Just give it some time, and the problem should solve itself.

However, what I found most annoying was the tiny bits of cigarettes ash I would find in weird places in the car. That stuff gets everywhere, so even after getting the car detailed, I still find some every now and then. Make sure you check in between the seat cushions and moldings inside the car to get rid of all of it. Anyway, welcome to the Forum and enjoy the car...
Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

welcome.... i smoke and a good detailng will help that smell.....i however have leather so ....i dont the smell gets as trapped as with cloth.....
Old 03-25-2008, 03:52 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangs4U

Just purchased a 06 Mustang today, its Grey with the pony package, will be posting pics here in a day or so, just need to take em. I've owned 3 perviously but its been a little while. I love my new car and look forward to getting to know all of you on the 6 cyl side here.
Prepare yourself for a long journey once you get bitten by the MOD BUG lol [sm=smiley36.gif]
Old 03-25-2008, 04:15 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Have you thought about starting with exterior/interior mods or performance mods?
Old 03-25-2008, 05:29 AM
blue07mustang

Welcome aboard, febreeze would be your friend!

Quick Reply: New sixer in the Mist