Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just Got her out of the garage today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 08:04 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Default Just Got her out of the garage today!

I just had to post! I got her out of the garage today! She was sleeping since early Nov. What a feeling to drive her again! I picked up my 255-45-18 Nitto 555's today Rims are due to arrive on the 1st! Can't wait! Any advice on putting on my GT take off rockers? I see all the little plastic clips to hold it on,any advice on hoe not to break them?

Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Just Got her out of the garage today!

When I installed my GT skirts-- this thread helped me alot:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1887174/tm.htm

Congrats on the new wheels and tires. I'm expecting my 18x10" Bullitts tomorrow, and already got my Nittos ready to go. 295/45/18!!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

to be honest when i took my friends rockers off i just undid the first ones by the front wheel well and then pulled. they all came right of
Old 03-29-2008, 11:01 PM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

Man I wish I understood all these tire sizes and how they affect things...anyone want to help the ignorant?
Old 03-29-2008, 11:52 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NocturnalV6

Man I wish I understood all these tire sizes and how they affect things...anyone want to help the ignorant?
Reading Tire Sizes:

For example, the stock 17" Pirelli's are 235/55/17.

The first number is the the width of the tire in millimeters. One inch is 25.4 millimeters.

The second number is the percentage of the width that equals the sidewall height. So, 55% of 235 millimeters is the height of the sidewall. So, 235 x .55 = 129.25 millimeters-- divided by 25.4 millimeters = 5.08"

So, from the ground to the rim, is 5.08" of tire, then the 17" rim, and then 5.08" of tire. That equals about 27.2"-- overall height of the stock Pirellis with 17" Bullitt rims.

That's basically how you read a tire size.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:39 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

When I installed my GT skirts-- this thread helped me alot:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1887174/tm.htm

Congrats on the new wheels and tires. I'm expecting my 18x10" Bullitts tomorrow, and already got my Nittos ready to go. 295/45/18!!
That write up is great! Thanks for the info!
Old 03-30-2008, 01:44 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

AmericanIcon I'm still waiting to see you get that dual exhaust with gt rear fascia I wonder if I'll have it done before you. It looks like I will have to buy an OEM bumper and have it painted, didn't at all realize that new takeoff sites were going to be running out of white. Looks like the biggest job on these is to get the front bumper installed.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amptor

AmericanIcon I'm still waiting to see you get that dual exhaust with gt rear fascia I wonder if I'll have it done before you. It looks like I will have to buy an OEM bumper and have it painted, didn't at all realize that new takeoff sites were going to be running out of white. Looks like the biggest job on these is to get the front bumper installed.
Nope.. I'm keeping the V6 rear bumper. I have duals now.. but with wimpy 2.5" tips. I'm changing to 3.5". No GT front for me either--I'm going with the 3D Carbon.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:25 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

ORIGINAL: amptor

Nope.. I'm keeping the V6 rear bumper. I have duals now.. but with wimpy 2.5" tips. I'm changing to 3.5". No GT front for me either--I'm going with the 3D Carbon.
That's what I'm talking about. Have you found a place to purchase them yet? I'm been thinking about doing a front GT coversion but don't really want to give up my PP grill.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:41 PM
NocturnalV6
2nd Gear Member

Thank you Icon for the tire thing

Quick Reply: Just Got her out of the garage today!