Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

13's???

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 05:29 PM
2007MustangV6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 13's???

Lol, thanx for that added info 28HopUp!!! Now I know what i'm up against.(P.S. I could take him off the track too lol)
Old 03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

A 67 Mustang may be rated at 220HP ... but not 220 NET HP ... which all the car companies switched to in 1972. The NET HP of a 1967 289 Mustang is more like 150HP ... Our 210 NET HP 4.0's will blow him away ....
Old 03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Chris, here's the latest and greatest of everything I've done to my car, and it may run in the high 13s if I'd ever take it to aclub test and tune tosee what it will do. I weighed thecar at a truck stop and it came in around 2955 lbs. with a full tank of gas and my fat *** not sitting in the driver's seat. Check out themods below, but be advised this is over a year's worth of work and a lotta bucks. Jack

2007 V6 Mustang Coupe, 5-speed manual[/b]

General Modifications
Removed hood sound dampening liner, interior padding under carpeting & behind door panels, all trunk padding & liners, spare tire & jack, all under body heat shields, and body brace supports (car weighs under 3000 lbs)

Performance Modifications
Installed Brenspeed 87 octane performance tune
Installed C&L cold air intake system
Installed JBA 9 mm spark plug wires
Installed JBA shorty headers with straight through exhaust system, no muffler (Stainless Works complete 2 ½ inch 304 stainless dual exhaust system with long tube headers and muffler delete tailpipes to be installed)
Installed Hurst short throw shifter
Installed Shaftmasters light weight 4 inch aluminum driveshaft (16 lbs)
Installed Ford Racing 4.10 gears and T-Lok
Installed Maximum Motorsports light weight Lower Control Arms (2 ¼ lbs each)
Installed MMR rear coil over springs & Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks, rear axle coil springs removed

Additional Under Hood & Front End Modifications
Installed Odyssey light weight dry cell battery (13 lbs)
Installed MRT hood struts
Installed BMR chrome-moly tubular radiator support
Installed BMR chrome-moly tubular K-member, motor mounts & A-arms
Installed polyurethane bushings throughout front end

Interior and Exterior Appearance Modifications
Installed front clear turn signal lens and rear running light lens, mylar & red LED bulbs installed
Trunk lid spoiler and fake gas cap removed, trunk lid holes welded up and trunk lid repainted
Installed Webelectric sequential taillight harnesses
Installed clear lens LED third brake light
Installed Ford Racing locking gas cap
Installed MMR rear seat delete kit
Installed antenna delete stud
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jwilhelm

Chris, here's the latest and greatest of everything I've done to my car, and it may run in the high 13s if I'd ever take it to aclub test and tune tosee what it will do. I weighed thecar at a truck stop and it came in around 2955 lbs. with a full tank of gas and my fat *** not sitting in the driver's seat. Check out themods below, but be advised this is over a year's worth of work and a lotta bucks. Jack

2007 V6 Mustang Coupe, 5-speed manual[/b]

General Modifications
Removed hood sound dampening liner, interior padding under carpeting & behind door panels, all trunk padding & liners, spare tire & jack, all under body heat shields, and body brace supports (car weighs under 3000 lbs)

Installed JBA shorty headers with straight through exhaust system, no muffler (Stainless Works complete 2 ½ inch 304 stainless dual exhaust system with long tube headers and muffler delete tailpipes to be installed)
Installed MMR rear coil over springs & Lakewood 50/50 drag shocks, rear axle coil springs removed

Installed front clear turn signal lens and rear running light lens, mylar & red LED bulbs installed
Trunk lid spoiler and fake gas cap removed, trunk lid holes welded up and trunk lid repainted
300+ lbs is a lot of weight to lose from what you have mentioned. my car isnt even under 3000 lbs, and while i havent gutted the car like you, i do have lightweight items, some things removed (sway bars, etc) and super light rims/tires. in fact, im not even close to under 3000 lbs.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:04 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Chris, here's the latest and greatest of everything I've done to my car, and it may run in the high 13s if I'd ever take it to aclub test and tune tosee what it will do. I weighed thecar at a truck stop and it came in around 2955 lbs. with a full tank of gas and my fat *** not sitting in the driver's seat. Check out themods below, but be advised this is over a year's worth of work and a lotta bucks.
Jack,

You REALLY need to take that car of yours to the track and see what it'll run. With those bolt-ons and weight reduction, I'm sure you'd cut a good ET (provided you get traction).

Bill
Old 04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Bulliitt68

What does our car (stock)runthe 1/4? Both autoand manual.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:15 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

2007 V6 Mustang Coupe, 5-speed manual

General Modifications

You running the stock clutch? I would definitely get this car to the track asap!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:33 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

If your friend has a stock 289 /200 hp there is absolutely no way that car is faster than your v6.The 289/271 only ran about high 15s and did 0-60 in at least high 7s.His 289 should run high 16s and 0-60 in 9 seconds or more.No contest .Does not add up.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM
davesyo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bulliitt68

What does our car (stock) run the 1/4? Both auto and manual.
auto 15.2 -15.3 0-60 -6.9 manual 15.0 15.1 0-60 6.5 .A little less on a warm day. However on a cold day I believe these times would be a little better .I know my 06 manual with only nino sport duals can do 0-60 in about 6.2 and 14.9 1/4 mile on a cold day
Old 04-06-2008, 03:33 PM
2007MustangV6
1st Gear Member

Thanks everybody for your input! jwillhelm, i'm definetly gonna do some of those mods to make my car lighter. I'm also waiting until the warranty expires to stroke my car to 4.3L and do some other internal mods.