Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need an exhaust part

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Bobs07Pony

Default Need an exhaust part

Hello all,

I am planning on running dual exhaust on my mustang here in the near future. I have been looking at Ford Racing and they sell the kit for a huge price. I know I can get my local muffler man to do it cheaper, but there is one part in the Ford kit I would really like to have, the rear fascia trim. I can't find it in Ford Racing catalog and it would make me feel better about cutting that rear bumper of I had them to put on the car. Any one know where I can get it or am I looking in the wrong place in the catalog? Please help. Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 06:15 AM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Need an exhaust part

http://www.calmuscleparts.com/2005-2...dnbJywrc32oIfW

there is a set there, I have seen them other places in black also.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:35 AM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

has anyone seen anything of the CDC part that was suppoed to come out for our cars that ran along the entire rear bumper and fit for 2 exhaust cutouts?
Old 04-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Bobs07Pony

Thanks Jakecat, but that is not exactly what I'm looking for. It comes in the Ford Racing dual exhaust kit and they are inserts that go in the bumper after it has been cut to take the dual exhaust pipes(mainly for chrome tips I think). It bolts into the bumper cover with several small bolts. I think it may help the cover from cracking.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:28 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Bobs07Pony

Thanks Jakecat, but that is not exactly what I'm looking for. It comes in the Ford Racing dual exhaust kit and they are inserts that go in the bumper after it has been cut to take the dual exhaust pipes(mainly for chrome tips I think). It bolts into the bumper cover with several small bolts. I think it may help the cover from cracking.
I have seen what you are refering to.
Its only available thru Ford and only
with the complete kit hence the hefty
price. Pay the extra, get the Ford kit
and have a non'muffler man botched ,
kid wont know' job.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

http://www.calmuscleparts.com/2005-2...dnbJywrc32oIfW

there is a set there, I have seen them other places in black also.

That trim, piece is for a GT bumper cover so isn't going to have the right contour to fit the V6 cover.

I have an used pair of the trim pieces from the FRPP kit, as do some other members who swapped over to a GT cover when installing the dual exhaust kit. I'd be willing to sell them just don't know what a fair price is since I haven't seen any one sell theirs yet.
Old 04-12-2008, 09:00 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bobs07Pony

Hello all,

I am planning on running dual exhaust on my mustang here in the near future. I have been looking at Ford Racing and they sell the kit for a huge price. I know I can get my local muffler man to do it cheaper, but there is one part in the Ford kit I would really like to have, the rear fascia trim. I can't find it in Ford Racing catalog and it would make me feel better about cutting that rear bumper of I had them to put on the car. Any one know where I can get it or am I looking in the wrong place in the catalog? Please help. Thanks
If you really want the trim inserts, then buy the FRPP duals kit. I have it installed, it looks great, sounds great. It was fairly easy to install. Lots of others run dual kits without the inserts, I haven't heard of any cracking problems. The FRPP kit comes with everything you need, minus 2 bolts that you'll take from the front passenger side mount and use on the driver side hangers. It was a top notch kit. Mine came with two extra clamps that "stepped" from the larger diameter x pipe to the smaller diameter Y pipe. I don't know if others had that in their kit. The instructions don't mention them. I'm very satisfied with my set. Remember this kit comes with everything you need; hangers, x-pipe, 2 midpipes, clamps, GTA mufflers, cutout inserts, and hardware. Other kits may not, and in my search, I know I found some that required the additional purchase of hangers and bolts. I went with the FRPP because it was complete, and the kit was assembledby Ford specifically for the V6.
Old 04-12-2008, 12:02 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

The FRPP V6 exhaust kit is very good piece. It sounds great and the price is not to bad if you find it on sale. CJPonyparts hasa 10% off sale every so often(there reg. price $599.99=$540.00 sale price). Comes with everything you need and is made by Ford so everything fits right. A quality part and can be installed easily yourself if you have any mechanical ability. M5230V6 is the # number.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:14 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Buy the kit, and save yourself the hassle. I went the route you're trying to go and ended up spending $600+ I wish I had just bought the kit.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:51 PM
cobrabobby
2nd Gear Member

I would like the FRPP trim pieces as well. They probably are for the
V6 bumper as the whole kit is for the V6 conversion! Does anyone
know the oem of the FRPP kit pieces. Thought it might be Borla but
don't know for sure. Those finish pieces look good. If I can't find them
I'll probably finish with some aftermarket door edge guarding from
Autozone or somewhere. That would fit on the cut edge of the new
hole and would have to shave the lip on the passenger side and match the drivers side new
cutout. Any help would be appreciated.
Bob T.