Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

single exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 12:07 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default single exhaust

i've been beating myself up about exhaust ever since i got the car and i think i'm just going to stay with single...does anyone have a clip of a single pypes violator or mac? i couldn't find a single pypes axleback in the sound clip area.
thanks
Old 04-13-2008, 12:12 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: single exhaust

I'm sure you've heard this over and over. But if you aren't dead set on single then might as well save up for duals. I'm gonna guess that later you will wish you had later on.

Just my say though!
Old 04-13-2008, 12:42 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

i think i'm gonna stick with single for cost, ease of install (i have a muscle car that has a ton of custom work and fabing all done by me, and i don't wanna do that to this, hence why i bought a new car lol)

i was really wanting to go FRPP duals, but i really don't want to cut my bumper or use another kit that will require cutting of pipes...then i saw all of victoria's vids on the single aeroturbine, but for that much, might as well go duals, where a pypes or mac single isn't too bad cost wise, just wondering on sound...my stock exhaust sounds pretty good if it were just a lil bit louder - tone is deep and sounds nice
Old 04-13-2008, 12:47 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Go with FRPP duals and a GT bumper. What I did. You will not regret it. Plus, I've heard that pypes drone a lot. Of course, that could be just the duals.

Everyone that has installed the FRPP duals have not been disappointed. Trust me, the little bit more to pay for all the other stuff will make you enjoy it that much more. Plus, I wouldn't want to get down the road and have to fork over more money to buy duals.

You can get the GT bumper off many sites, painted too.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:53 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

that's my other bit of "me" i guess...maybe i'm alone on this one, but i find the gt bumpers hideous...hence why i think the v6 looks like a lot nicer car....[8D]
Old 04-13-2008, 12:59 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Ah. Heh.

Personally, I love the rear bumper. It matches the curves of the exhaust very well! Can't go wrong with it!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk it covers up the exhaust...i'd rather see the pipe and they look too square cut and blocky...idk it's hard cuz i'd like to have the look, but i don't wanna be like all the camaro guys and put a fake pipe on to make it look cool, but then you see smoke coming out of one pipe and none out of the other.......you wouldn't BELIEVE how many camaros have that around here
Old 04-13-2008, 01:08 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: landon.moss

idk it covers up the exhaust...i'd rather see the pipe and they look too square cut and blocky...idk it's hard cuz i'd like to have the look, but i don't wanna be like all the camaro guys and put a fake pipe on to make it look cool, but then you see smoke coming out of one pipe and none out of the other.......you wouldn't BELIEVE how many camaros have that around here
I didn't think it covered it up too much. I guess it does some, but not too much. Got a few more pictures. I only try to convince you to go ahead a do duals, because I'm guessing your not dead set on a single. Nothing worse than getting something, yet wishing you saved a little more for the best.

Lol. Thats so funny. I remember my dad speeching about that how used to, everyone would do that to make it seem like they had dual exhaust. I can only imagine what their excuse would be if you asked them why the exhaust was only coming out of one side and not the other!

Old 04-13-2008, 01:11 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk maybe i'll hafta just spend all of that stupid tax rebate stimulus blah blah on frpp instead of just part of it...so torn lol...how loud do you say yours are? i'm so tired of cold startup vids...my hyundai sounded like it was badass with stock exhaust on a cold start up lol
Old 04-13-2008, 01:17 AM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Hah. I hear that! Just got my state taxes in a few seconds ago (was checking online).

I have a few videos. They all sound rather.. distorted. ODDY is the one that originally showed me a video and I was kind of hesitate on pulling the trigger. When I did, I wish I had done it earlier. Makes it sound like a true Mustang. It's what SHOULD of came on all the V6s. No drone either.

Bad videos but... [:'(]

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...OV00799NEW.flv
(reason I moved the camera over to the other side was the very same reason that it is actual duals, not faked )

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...OV00800NEW.flv (at the end it looses a lot of sound quality )

http://s17.photobucket.com/albums/b7...t=MOV00984.flv (gets the dog excited in this one)

Quick Reply: single exhaust