Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

frustrated!!! cant get ford gears so what the f@&% should i get

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: frustrated!!! cant get ford gears so what the f@&% should i get

the whine is the biggest concern. OEM are the way to go for street applications.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 PM
tamazulense
2nd Gear Member

just checked US gear but all the gears are made by strange not ford.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 PM
tamazulense
2nd Gear Member

and ringpinion.com has all the gears really overpriced. the ford 4.10s r $350. thats like 100 dallors over retail price. i want them but id rather save those extra 100 bucks. ill huy them for the regural price which r from 200-250 bucks
Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tamazulense

just checked US gear but all the gears are made by strange not ford.
Well then you're in for a rough time.Most of theFRPP are made from someone else. I posted the link to the 4.10s that were Ford Racing made by US gear. Motive makes them forFRPP also, and the big deal on the forum a while back was to not get the Ford gears that the part numberended with "M", because they were Motive. You can buy the Motives for $150 on one site I saw, and they would be the exact same as the "M" FR kit. Folks didn't like the noise of them, so they replaced them with the other FR set that came from a different manufacturer. So now, nobody wants to buy the motives, so the price dropped on them, and everyone wants the sets manufactured from someone else, and those prices rose. Supply and demand. They have to make up the money they're losing on the motive paperweights they filled their warehouses with. If you don't want to pay the price, you may not get to play. After it's all said and done, you would probably save money on the take-off 8.8 with T-lok and 4.10s, that you can bolt in yourself.
My FRPP sways are made by Eibach. The FRPP shocks and struts are made byDynamic Suspension, the list can go on and on...
Old 04-17-2008, 09:46 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Hey Ernesto, you can't get Ford gears anywhere, right? And you want to know what to do. Buy my set of Ford 4.10 gear and you even get my 2007 Mustang with it. Just kidding. Have you called Ford Racing to see if they're availabel? Good luck, Jack.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:04 PM
tamazulense
2nd Gear Member

yeah. cant believe im gona get stumped by these ford gears. i already bought and have the tlok and bearing kit, so getting the 8.8 takeoff would be such a hassle. to try to return those parts and than wait for the money etc. my bro is going to college to become a mechanic and theyre gona put the tlok and gears for free. so i figuered about $500-$600 spent on parts and zero for installation. and the 8.8 is around 950, so saving 350 made my decision. no thanks on ur 07 stang lol.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:25 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tamazulense

yeah. cant believe im gona get stumped by these ford gears. i already bought and have the tlok and bearing kit, so getting the 8.8 takeoff would be such a hassle. to try to return those parts and than wait for the money etc. my bro is going to college to become a mechanic and theyre gona put the tlok and gears for free. so i figuered about $500-$600 spent on parts and zero for installation. and the 8.8 is around 950, so saving 350 made my decision. no thanks on ur 07 stang lol.
dude, US Gear provides the OEM's for FORD, GM, Chrylser. the FORD motor company contracts manufacturers of specific parts to tag their name on them. its the circle of life for the economy. just as motive provided FRPP with the hardware, US gear provides FORD motor company with the hardware also. here's a question; who manufactures FRPP gear now that motive doesn't? FRPP sure doesn't make them themselves. i have a hunch its US Gear.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

here's the part # for you: US E4TZ4209B

ask a gear/driveline shop to order them for you if you can't find them online.

UPDATE: Here's a site i found for you. US Gear brand are what you want. they also carry my US 3.73's

http://www.agearworks.com/FORDGearsets.html
Old 04-19-2008, 01:32 AM
tamazulense
2nd Gear Member

thanks sancho im gona try to buy them right now..ur a life saver.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:15 AM
xyster
2nd Gear Member

Holy hell... i'm glad I waited a while before ordering my t-lok and gears. Going to give those a shot.

Quick Reply: frustrated!!! cant get ford gears so what the f@&% should i get