Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i have few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 12:22 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: i have few questions...

having a black car i know all about the heart ache of small scratches... especially spiderwebs... is there any way to get those small spider-webby scratches out?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:20 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

i apreaciate all the responds.. but can somebody please list things that i need to buy to make my car run a faster.. and i'm really short on cash lol.. so what are some cheap parts i can buy to make my car run faster ?

thanks
Old 04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

idk bout cheap, but most common thing is cold air intake and tune...i still need to do this
Old 04-27-2008, 05:21 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

Cold Air Intake - $180 - $350 depending on if you want onerequiring a tune or not.
$350 is the wms racing setup ~5-15hp (if you believe the hype)
Tune (using SCT X-Cal2 or 3) - cost ~$400 Try Brenspeed, VMP tuning, or BAMA. They are the three most popular. with cai ~ 15-25hp depending on the tune and fuel choice

Axle Back exhaust - there are numerous different kits from GT Takeoffs for less than a hundred to more elite kits such as MRT Aero Turbine for I think 250. Search for sound clips to find your preference. With CAI and TUNE could put you between (approx.)190 - 200hp at the wheel
hope this helps. and welcome to the forums
Old 04-28-2008, 01:29 PM
logicbombx
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, turn traction control off, I spin my wheel all the time, and as far as the scratches go, try turtle wax rubbing compound, that stuff can be amazing. Also make sure your car is polished and waxed to prevent further scratches.

I changed to a GT takeoff muffler, not sure if that really changed anything.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:09 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: elroyjetson_1978

Cold Air Intake - $180 - $350 depending on if you want onerequiring a tune or not.
$350 is the wms racing setup ~5-15hp (if you believe the hype)
Tune (using SCT X-Cal2 or 3) - cost ~$400 Try Brenspeed, VMP tuning, or BAMA. They are the three most popular. with cai ~ 15-25hp depending on the tune and fuel choice

Axle Back exhaust - there are numerous different kits from GT Takeoffs for less than a hundred to more elite kits such as MRT Aero Turbine for I think 250. Search for sound clips to find your preference. With CAI and TUNE could put you between (approx.)190 - 200hp at the wheel
hope this helps. and welcome to the forums
so around a grand, i would gain 30 hp right ? and what do you mean 200hp at wheel ? the car loses around 30hp to get to wheel ? lol its prolly a dumb question..
Old 04-28-2008, 04:49 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

the 210hp that the dealer quotes is hp at the crankshaft... we lose about 15% from the crank to the wheels depending on your supporting mods. so a stock v6 has about 180hp at the wheels... if you add intake and tune youre back up to about 200.. and if you throw in your dual exhaust (which is def the way to go if not just for the sound and looks... jmo tho.. nobody attack me hehe)... youre up to 210 -220. these are def ROUGH figures (thats my disclaimer)... a grand is a good estimate.. if you go duals youre looking at more like 1200.

if you want glorious burnouts and not one wheel peels you need to get a tlok... the easiest way is to buy an 8.8 rear end out of a GT which could run you about 800 dollars at places. i dont know much about hte pricing of just a tlok for our 7.5s. this will give you the power to both wheels.

feel free to ask any questions! thats why were here!

good luck!

jt
Old 04-28-2008, 09:33 PM
elroyjetson_1978
2nd Gear Member

I'm not suggesting go with these guys because I've never had any dealings with them to know how they are but the t-lok and gears on here are close to the going price.
Forgot to add install kits go around $100 and shop installs are around $300 here in KY.

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Drivetrain.htm

as far as the hp thing goes Ford rated our motor for a decent 210 horsepower at the crank, thats bhp, and 240 lb/ft of torque again at the crank. For the autos expect to lose about 18% for drivetrain loss. For the manual its only a rough 15%. that puts the auto , depending on the dyno around 170-180 rear wheel hp depending on the dyno and whose running it. Typical gains with a good tune, cai, and axle back usually run around the 25-30 rwhp. If you think you may want duals at any time get them now. Be forewarned though with duals a few members on here have dynoed and said that they lost a few ponies down low, like 1-3, but got a little back up high. However if you ever go forced induction you probably won't see the loss anymore. It all has to do with exhaust backpressure. If you give up too much it weakens the power but with too much it weakens the power as well. Duals sound great and from what I've read you won't feel the difference in power when you are driving because of how small it is.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:15 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

having a black car i know all about the heart ache of small scratches... especially spiderwebs... is there any way to get those small spider-webby scratches out?
clay bar

i have exhaust....magnaflows ...i love em....

cai and tune are next....working on gathering info from folks here and will likely start a thread about it when i have the dough...

welcome to the forums...and yes the mod bug is addiciting.....im now determined to save enough for a supercharger/procharger and intercooler sometime over the next year or two......again when im ready ill start a thread for opinions on what to get.

enjoy making your pony yours....its fun!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: cplayero8o2

first, i have a convertible 2005 v6 mustang and i was wondering if it would look good if my windows were tinted, i'm sure it would look good with the regular hardtops ones, but would it look good with a convertible.. ?

second, unfortunately it seems like every time i look at the car, i see some scratches on it here and there.. and it makes me really mad lol, is there anything i can do to fix that, somebody told me about a touch up pen or something like that... what do you guys think about 'em ?

and third, i had a 98 grand prix gt before i got my mustang, and it used to burn out when i hit it little hard, but my mustang never seem to burnout unless its raining lol.. is it normal ? and what parts can i buy that arent too expensive to enhance the performance in my car.. like add some horsepower to it or make it accelerate fast.. ?
1. Tint them. Blue Stangs and tint go good together.
2. Factory touch-up paint is overrated unless you are very skilled
at applying it. Do it wrong and it looks worse than it did before touching it up.
3. Its a V6 Auto on 16" Factory BFGs? The auto is killing your burnouts?
My V6 manual will lite up the stocker 16" BFGs at will.
Do you have the traction control on or off? A good CAI and a tune will wake
that V6 up as well as stiffen up the shift points. And get a better muffler while
you are at it.

[IMG]local://upfiles/69445/8629B302DD77459C9736E94AD29B88C7.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: i have few questions...