Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i have few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 03:27 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

Default i have few questions...

ok, first let me strat off by saying i'm new here and if i'm postin in the wrong place, i apologize in advance.. but my questions are..

first, i have a convertible 2005 v6 mustang and i was wondering if it would look good if my windows were tinted, i'm sure it would look good with the regular hardtops ones, but would it look good with a convertible.. ?

second, unfortunately it seems like every time i look at the car, i see some scratches on it here and there.. and it makes me really mad lol, is there anything i can do to fix that, somebody told me about a touch up pen or something like that... what do you guys think about 'em ?

and third, i had a 98 grand prix gt before i got my mustang, and it used to burn out when i hit it little hard, but my mustang never seem to burnout unless its raining lol.. is it normal ? and what parts can i buy that arent too expensive to enhance the performance in my car.. like add some horsepower to it or make it accelerate fast.. ?

here are couple of pictures of my car.. sorry for the bad quality and not so great positioning lol

thanks in advance...

[IMG]local://upfiles/96427/6F8079A9618A4971916160CA6A35DA49.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/96427/21595B9EC4D441D39C945668AB09EECD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-26-2008, 04:02 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i have few questions...

Tinted windows look great on any mustang so go for it but, check your local/state laws on how dark you can go.

Performance wise, you're gonna hear the same thing from pretty much everyone. Depending on how much you have to burngo for a CAI(Cold air intake) and a tune (VMP, Brenspeed or BAMAchips) A change ofgears can give you that GO you're looking for too,an exhaust certainly helps out a bit too but, if you're really serious about it go for a Supercharger.

If you're looking for burnouts, turn off your TCSsince our stangs are open rear, you're gonna have to throw in T-loc (Traction lock, limited slip...etc) without it, the best you're gonna get is a "one wheel peel"

I dont know much but, what I do know I've just shared with you LOLthere are more experienced people on here and will probably help you better than I can.

WELCOME AND HAVE FUN!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:18 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

thanks a lot man i appreciate your help..
Old 04-26-2008, 04:38 PM
stoneblue
2nd Gear Member

Welcome to the forums! Def. check with the laws. And great looking stang, nice choice of color.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24983/5538D704BBF84B9A9CEFC635A042A59F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

Tints look good on all mustang! I'd reccomend 20%, i just got mine done and it looks awesome. As for a burnout, try getting a CAI/Tune that will give ya what you're looking forIf you have TCS turn it off and try doing a burnout then, but it'll only be one wheel unless you get some kind of LSD so both wheels will spin. If you have a manual just push in the clutch rev it up a little and let the clutch go.
With an auto you could try holding the brake and giving it gas, although i dont reccomend doing that too often, not good for the brakes.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:30 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

1st - welcome to MF!!!

I always like that color blue from 2005. As stated, a CAI and a tune (by buying a handheld tuner like a SCT xcal2 or xcal3) will wake up your car.
Old 04-26-2008, 05:49 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cplayero8o2

thanks a lot man i appreciate your help..
No problem man, hopefully you have as much fun as the rest of us fixing up your stang. Get used to being broke though because the mod bug is ultra addicting

Nice car BTW!
Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!

And like everyone said, as I've heard, a CAI and tune will bring the real beast out of the 'Stangs.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

Welcome to MF.
I had minor scratches and I have been using Meguiar’s SCRATCH X. It helps a bit.
And when washing/detailing your car, make sure to use microfibers.

Old 04-27-2008, 12:51 AM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

guess i don't have TC, but mine will always burn em...sometimes on accident and i haven't done anything to mine performance wise, other than a hi-flow filter......for scratches, how big are they? if they're deep, nasty ones, a touch up pen may be ok, but you'll still see it...if it's in a good area, you can get some color matched spray paint from duplicolor to touch-up...i have to do this from my door ding incident and where i got a lil 4" key mark...just touch up paint on that scratch now, but i'm gonna be doin it when i get my bumper touched-up

Quick Reply: i have few questions...