Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

I GIVE THE !%$@ UP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:37 AM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I GIVE THE !%$@ UP!

Good luck Jakecat, I got my fingers crossed for ya!!!
Old 05-14-2008, 06:38 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear your dealer is making it right for you. My dealer has been really understanding and it sounds as if your car is getting everything that mine just got. Hope it works for you.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:05 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

Well, just an update, dropped the car off at the dealership again this morning. Told them about the leak. They called like an hour later, stated they found the leak, it fried the electrical box in the kick panel. They ordered a new box and are pulling out the windshield and firewall to seal everything back up properly. They are going to pull the carpet out and replace it(that I did not expect). He said after they replace those, they are going to drive it a few days to see if the light comes back on. They don't want to give it back till they know it is fixed. Hopefully this will fix it.

I must say, I am very impressed with my dealership, they have gone out of the way for me. The service manager must have apologized 10 times in the short 5 minutes my wife and I were there dropping off the car. I made an appointment to bring my wife's 07 fusion in next week for the 10k service while I was there, he handed me his card, said see him when we bring it in, the service is on the house. Again, I am very satisified they are doing everything they can to fix it.

And for the bonus? No ford focus for a loaner this time, they gave us a totally decked out Mazda 6, really nice car, not a stang, but nice nonetheless.

I will keep ya'll updated, and thanks for the responses!
I am glad we got you pointed in the right direction! Hopfully they will fix it right the first time!
Old 05-15-2008, 06:43 AM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

I thought the leaks originated at the cabin filter or the harness on the passenger side. Hope the windshield job works out for you.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:40 AM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jakecat22

Well, just an update, dropped the car off at the dealership again this morning. Told them about the leak. They called like an hour later, stated they found the leak, it fried the electrical box in the kick panel. They ordered a new box and are pulling out the windshield and firewall to seal everything back up properly. They are going to pull the carpet out and replace it(that I did not expect). He said after they replace those, they are going to drive it a few days to see if the light comes back on. They don't want to give it back till they know it is fixed. Hopefully this will fix it.

I must say, I am very impressed with my dealership, they have gone out of the way for me. The service manager must have apologized 10 times in the short 5 minutes my wife and I were there dropping off the car. I made an appointment to bring my wife's 07 fusion in next week for the 10k service while I was there, he handed me his card, said see him when we bring it in, the service is on the house. Again, I am very satisified they are doing everything they can to fix it.

And for the bonus? No ford focus for a loaner this time, they gave us a totally decked out Mazda 6, really nice car, not a stang, but nice nonetheless.

I will keep ya'll updated, and thanks for the responses!
The forum fixed your problem in 10 posts when the dealer took at least 5 scervice visits and had not fixed it. By "mechaninc" when they said best mechanic on it they meant best person at following repair guides and flow charts that diagnose problems. That was the issue.
Old 05-17-2008, 04:27 PM
jakecat22
2nd Gear Member

SOOOOOOOOO, an update, I got my car back friday evening. Diagnosis:

There was a leak(so they say) where the Windshield wiper connects, and water was leaking into my dashboard and the floorboard. The water leaked onto the main computer and shorted out some things, so they replaced the main cpu in the car. Because they replaced the main cpu, they had to replace my pats keys. They also replace the carpeting in the car. Then, they ran a complete diagnostic and check the car over from front to back and back to front. Then they drove it for 20 miles, turned it off, let it sit and drove it for 20 more. They let it sit overnight(in the rain) and then drove it again in the morning.

They said it is good to go. I drove it all day today and no check engine light. It isn't raining today so I will have to wait for that to see if there is still a leak somewhere. I do feel relieved, hopefull the worst is behind me, I am just glad I get to drive my car again.

And a big THANK YOU to everyone on the forum for all of your help and suggestions!!!!!!!!