Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i'm kind of concerned...

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 04:01 AM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

Default i'm kind of concerned...

i have an auto v6 2005 convertible... and when i push it hard at the start, it doest burn out or even make a little sound... it just starts pullin slowly till it hits i believe the 3rd gear then it start pickin faster, i test drove a similar car before i bought mine and it burned out and i felt that car had more power (too bad it was sold when i went back to buy it) but i noticed that my car when it hit the second gear i hear a little sound like air goin out, idk how to explain it, sound a little llike a supercharger... but if feels like my older 98 grand prix gt has more power than my mustang, specially at the star.... do you guys think there is something wrong with my car, or thats how they are ?

thanks in advance....
Old 05-13-2008, 04:52 AM
bigdaddy0987
1st Gear Member

Default RE: i'm kind of concerned...

i have an 06 manual i dont have any problem squeeling the tires so i cant answer that but the air thing between shifts i know all about that. i took it to the dealership when i first heard it and like always i had to go back and make it do it cuz they couldnt figure it out. they said that there is nothing wrong with it. mine only does it when i run it really hard and dump the clutch in second. the squeeling tires thing, do you have trac control? if so that could be the problem. i dont know just a guess.

www.carsponsors.com/IBVIP
Old 05-13-2008, 05:55 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

@bigdaddy0987
Tell me you didn't pay that sponsor site scam fee.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:27 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

yeah i have trac, but even when i turn it off it doesnt make a sound...
Old 05-13-2008, 04:04 PM
musicheadt
3rd Gear Member

Try this:

Turn your key to accesories position, like you were just going to listen to the radio without starting your car. Wait until your dashboard indicators stop blinking, then depress your gas pedal all the way to the floor slowly...and hold it there for a second......remove foot from gas pedal. Remove key from ignition.....wait 10 seconds. Re-insert your key and start your car. Then go try to do a burnout.....let me know what you think.

Sounds like you are in Fuel Saver "Granny Mode"

Old 05-13-2008, 05:19 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

^ i did the depressing of pedal 3 times...maybe made a dif...idk...i know i sip more fuel now [8D]
Old 05-13-2008, 07:10 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

that my friend seems to be the curse of the auto...

its a shame so few of our cars are manufactured stick... a sales rep told meonly 10-20% of V6's come with a standard...
Old 05-13-2008, 09:22 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

You need to gat an Xcal tuner, a CAI and a performance muffler. Vmp, Bama and others sell packages for the V6 Mustang. They WILL turn your Mustang V6 automatic around and it will drive like a different car. Also the fastest naturally aspirated bolt on V6 Mustang is an automatic(Boss 245--13.898@97.84)!!! So don't believe these guys when they tell you that you need a stick to be fast. Good luck!
Old 05-13-2008, 10:30 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: my first mustang

You need to gat an Xcal tuner, a CAI and a performance muffler. Vmp, Bama and others sell packages for the V6 Mustang. They WILL turn your Mustang V6 automatic around and it will drive like a different car. Also the fastest naturally aspirated bolt on V6 Mustang is an automatic(Boss 245--13.898@97.84)!!! So don't believe these guys when they tell you that you need a stick to be fast. Good luck!
how much do they coast, and how many horse power will they add you think ?

oh and one more thing will beat a 2000 grand prix gtp ? haha its always between me and my friend he had his moms minivan and i used to zoom by him with my grand prix gt then he got a gtp and start rippin on me haha..
Old 05-13-2008, 10:47 PM
cplayero8o2
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: musicheadt

Try this:

Turn your key to accesories position, like you were just going to listen to the radio without starting your car. Wait until your dashboard indicators stop blinking, then depress your gas pedal all the way to the floor slowly...and hold it there for a second......remove foot from gas pedal. Remove key from ignition.....wait 10 seconds. Re-insert your key and start your car. Then go try to do a burnout.....let me know what you think.

Sounds like you are in Fuel Saver "Granny Mode"

imma try that tomorrow.. and is there a way to go back to "granny mode" ? haha

Quick Reply: i'm kind of concerned...