Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My Satin Silver V6 Plans, Opinions Please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My Satin Silver V6 Plans, Opinions Please!

thanks for the opinions so far guys. so i'm going with 3.73s since its a DD. I'm going to paint the fang to match. I'll get the smoked corners.

to phunnyguy- i dont really want to get whole new tail lights, i like the stock ones on the s197. i think getting whole new tail lights is kind of rice, buts thats just my opinion.

Also, more questions.

Are sequential tail lights legal? I showed them to my dad and he says he thinks they are illegal.

And do you think i should go with a grill with fogs in it? or the chrome billet grille with the tribar pony emblem?

Oh and I like the look of the honycomb rear blackout, but I am getting the other things first.

And
Old 05-13-2008, 10:49 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

I'd go 410's (I did). I also like the GT rockers and bumpers but I'm biased. Good choice on the wheels too!

Clear corners look good too.

Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

^ oh yeah that looks great. I wish i could get a hood like that, but i cant drop that much money. Plus i already have the fiberglass hod with the hood scoop. And satin silver looks great with the gt rockers and black bullitts. also, that honeycomb panel is really nice. also where did you get those tail light black outlines or whatever they're called? i like those. the fuel door looks good, i cant decide between silver or black
Old 05-13-2008, 11:22 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

black fuel door...would look hot....

i agree with you on the lights..pretty much, but just thought i would throw it out there....the lights i was referring to are inthe post above.....those would be sweet.....i think they make chrome/brushed ones too....thats actually what im looking for......pics of that style with a brushed or chrome look.

you could paint the grooves black on the stock lights...ive seen this done and it looks cool....

honeycomb blackout is cool...

as for the sequentials...i believe they are legal in all 50 states....just read the fine print carefully....i live in calif...and they are legal here...i know because i see them on a fair amount of stangs....

oh yeah get a black shorty antenna.....
Old 05-13-2008, 11:25 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

I'd go 410's (I did). I also like the GT rockers and bumpers but I'm biased. Good choice on the wheels too!

Clear corners look good too.

havent seen you in a while buestang....got a wider shot of the back end?
Old 05-13-2008, 11:26 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

black fuel door...would look hot....

i agree with you on the lights..pretty much, but just thought i would throw it out there....the lights i was referring to are inthe post above.....those would be sweet.....i think they make chrome/brushed ones too....thats actually what im looking for......pics of that style with a brushed or chrome look.

you could paint the grooves black on the stock lights...ive seen this done and it looks cool....

honeycomb blackout is cool...

as for the sequentials...i believe they are legal in all 50 states....just read the fine print carefully....i live in calif...and they are legal here...i know because i see them on a fair amount of stangs....

oh yeah get a black shorty antenna.....
yeah the black fuel door would be dope. and yeah ill see what i can do with the black outlines. and honeycomb, yeah definitely. and sequentials, then im getting them for sure.
Old 05-14-2008, 07:03 AM
imnutz66
1st Gear Member

Yep, sequentials are legal - standard equipment on some older stuff, and cut you own stock antenna to save money for other mods.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:15 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imnutz66

Yep, sequentials are legal - standard equipment on some older stuff, and cut you own stock antenna to save money for other mods.
yeah i dont know what im gonna do with the antenna yet.

Which grille do you guys like best?

or a typical gt grille with fogs?
Old 05-14-2008, 09:45 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i like the top one...the bottom one takes the pony out of the grill.....i love having a pony in my grill....the gt fogs...will have a pony in the middle...
Old 05-14-2008, 09:58 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

i like the top one...the bottom one takes the pony out of the grill.....i love having a pony in my grill....the gt fogs...will have a pony in the middle...
so do you like that 3dcarbon chrome grille or the gt grille better?

Quick Reply: My Satin Silver V6 Plans, Opinions Please!