Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Houston... we have a MAJOR problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 09:00 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Houston... we have a MAJOR problem

when i worked in the richy suburbs, i had to take the interstate through the city, which ALWAYS comes to a stand-still - i guess people just wanna take time to look at the scenery instead of drving to work??? anyway, i'm sittin there, then all of a sudden i hear a big BOOM, look behind me, just see a bunch of dust or smoke...keep sittin there and hear it again...4 cars deep got it, the car right behind me stopped inches from my bumper....that is really lame...frickin stupid people neway...when i was a lot younger, my mom just bought a new taurus, parked on the street and everyone heard what they thought was a shotgun...aunt looks outside and says "barb, where's your car?" "oh, it's outside on the street" "um, no it's not" some douche hit it goin over 80 mph in a 25...pushed it over 100 ft into a big ol' tree...he just kept on goin...turns out, he was drunk off his ***, lived just a couple houses down and was friends with the responding officer - NO CHARGES! crooked boone cops[:@]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:15 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

so i was able to pull all of my aftermarket stuff off my car. everything but the left half of my gt rear and my dual exhaust and chrome trim. The insurance lady said that the appraiser should take mods into account when assessing the value of the car, but I didnt want to take the chance that I would lose them. So they dont know i pulled stuff off. I have to let the guy know how much the exhaust and gt rear was.. roughly 620 bucks if i remember right for everything installed.

you guys might like this....

that is my frame in its current mangled state. The right of the picture goes to my wheel, where the rest of the frame is wrapped around and locking the wheel in place. It used to be straight. Now its torn in half, twisted, and compressed. I dont see how they are going to fix that. I say totaled.

Which brings me to another dilemma. what to get now? another mustang? wait for the 09s? the 2010s? get a used shelby? go classic? i dont want a chevy unless its a corvette... the challenger might be nice but Im def a mustang guy. what do you suggest?

[IMG]local://upfiles/41292/8D60A225EEF64FFAAFBF8151EF252155.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: landon.moss

when i worked in the richy suburbs, i had to take the interstate through the city, which ALWAYS comes to a stand-still - i guess people just wanna take time to look at the scenery instead of drving to work??? anyway, i'm sittin there, then all of a sudden i hear a big BOOM, look behind me, just see a bunch of dust or smoke...keep sittin there and hear it again...4 cars deep got it, the car right behind me stopped inches from my bumper....that is really lame...frickin stupid people neway...when i was a lot younger, my mom just bought a new taurus, parked on the street and everyone heard what they thought was a shotgun...aunt looks outside and says "barb, where's your car?" "oh, it's outside on the street" "um, no it's not" some douche hit it goin over 80 mph in a 25...pushed it over 100 ft into a big ol' tree...he just kept on goin...turns out, he was drunk off his ***, lived just a couple houses down and was friends with the responding officer - NO CHARGES! crooked boone cops[:@]
reminds me of the ****er who shot and killed my dog when i was 8. he was a drunk *** neighbor who blasted my 3 year old chocolate lab with a 12 gauge shot gun right off his front porch, and the police reported there was "not enough evidence" to charge him with anything. eventhough he was in possesion of an unregistered weapon and had my dead dog lying 100 feet from his front porch with a ****ing bood trail leading from it...

but hey i was only 8... 8 year olds arent smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. (sarcasm) **** i was probably smarter than that whole damn police force in that hick-*** town. thats one of the reasons why i cant stand police officers...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:33 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

to the op go shelby if you can. just stay with the stangs. why in the world would you want to drive a 4000 pound 'muscle car' such as the new challenger?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Good thing you didn't get hurt at the scene.. Not trying to scare you, but you will feel those pains, not now, but give it one week. I was rear ended on my old car at around like 30 mph, I didn't feel anything at first but then the next week I couldn't move my neck. You could have a major case on your hands if you are hurt and could potentially sue, or not.

As for another car, the insurance take their sweet freakin time sending that check. So for now, rest it up bro. Sorry to see your mustang hurt like that
Old 05-22-2008, 08:45 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

hey now...all "muscle cars" weighed in at close to 4K back in the day lol...the 1970 hemi challenger weighed-in at 3800 pounds
Old 05-22-2008, 09:17 PM
Cat Girl

ORIGINAL: 07lane40]
reminds me of the ****er who shot and killed my dog when i was 8. he was a drunk *** neighbor who blasted my 3 year old chocolate lab with a 12 gauge shot gun right off his front porch, and the police reported there was "not enough evidence" to charge him with anything. eventhough he was in possesion of an unregistered weapon and had my dead dog lying 100 feet from his front porch with a ****ing bood trail leading from it...

but hey i was only 8... 8 year olds arent smart enough to put 2 and 2 together. (sarcasm) **** i was probably smarter than that whole damn police force in that hick-*** town. thats one of the reasons why i cant stand police officers...
I could have gone all night without reading this post. How sad. I have a chocolate lab.

Now, about what car to buy....I can't see driving a Challenger over a Mustang, but I'm not the one that has to drive it.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

haha.. that was supposed to be a bit of sarcasm.. but i guess ppl arent getting it. haha
Old 05-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Cat Girl

Thank goodness. Because how you could give up that black beauty in your sig is beyond me.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:45 PM
landon.moss
2nd Gear Member

i'd get a new challenger next year when the 6 comes out...in B5 blue with white just like my satty came (when i do an actual resto, it will be back to stock (almost lol))
i just got done reading more on the new camaro...i don't like chevys, but the cam will be in the same price class as the mustang (i figured it would be way more), but the base v6 will be 220hp, a step up from that is a 300+hp v6, and then the ss is a 405hp LS2(same as vette motor)...2nd year production will include a convertible and a Z28 model with a supercharged 600+hp "LSA"
the ss will be in the mid to upper 30K range, but the other 2 models will be less than 30, so technically in the base mustang class - BUT with options, who knows how much they'll actually be...the car isn't too bad lookin, but the rear looks HORRIBLE

Quick Reply: Houston... we have a MAJOR problem