Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Front End

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 06:41 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Front End

ORIGINAL: AlloySixxer

ORIGINAL: AMoRT

So I need these parts for sure...

- Driver Side Fender Liner

- Passenger Side Fender Liner

- Foam Inserts

- 16 Pins (4 packs) Part # W710532-S300

^or can i reuse my pins/screws from my original v6 rockers when installing the gt rockers?

And so i can use the stock v6 radiator cover and all the screws, if i read correctly.

Now where do i buy these parts?

I just bought all the parts to be sure, but these guys may be right. You might not need the extra screws or the radiator cover. I'm not sure about reusing the V6 rocker panel pins but I hope you can because they charged me $55 for all 16 pins($3.96 per pin, what a rip). I bought the fender liners and isolator from fordparts.com and the screws and pins from my local Ford dealership parts department.
i actually just talked to a guy who has the stock v6 fender wells with his gt bumper and it works fine. all you REALLY need is the foam inserts apparently. I'm gonna get the inserts and the fender wells just to be on the safe side though
Old 06-06-2008, 08:00 PM
King Cash
2nd Gear Member

Looks good to me. I'm getting the GT/CS front end too. The thing is that it will kinda look incomplete with a stock hood. To me it needs ahood scoop or different hood to go with it (let me know if u agree or not). But since i'm not really a fan of hood scoops, i'll prolly go with the CS6 hood along with a billet grille (i'm planning on having the front end of my Stang looking like this:

I wouldn't get the lower grille tho

Also, It would look nice if you had the center painted also (the part with the plain black plastic)
Old 06-06-2008, 08:06 PM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

How do you guys afford this stuff[&o] Especially when gas is at 4.10 and im averaging 14mpg. I would love to have the gt/cs bumper but its crazy expensive. I think that i will be better off getting the gt bumper with the cdc classic chin, its a bit cheaper and i know it doesnt look as good as the gt/cs but it still looks good.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:21 PM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

the v6 liners do work but theres a small gap at the bottom.. not really noticable unless youre looking for it or a motor enthusiast that notices details...

as for affording this stuff... thats one good thing about having a sixxer.. the money you save on gas over a gt can buy you more mods
Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah i have a hood scoop. And actually this would be cheaper than a gt bumper with a cdc classic chin spoiler from what ive found
Old 06-07-2008, 12:18 AM
ReaperGT
4th Gear Member

Nightrider, just wondering how much do you average in mpg? I wanna make sure my car isnt messing up. And whats the cheapest price you guys have found for a gt/cs bumper?
Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Where are you ordering your GT/CS bumper from? Is it pre-painted? Do they even make them in Alloy?
Old 06-07-2008, 01:40 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Found this site in another thread, somebody said they bought it from here and it came with everything and was perfect.

http://www.superstitionfordparts.com....aspx?MakeID=5

and they come unpainted, so you could get it painted alloy.

It's about $380 shipped at that site
Old 06-07-2008, 10:43 AM
05nightrider
2nd Gear Member

380 shipped is a good price for the cs but the gt is a lot cheaper... its 200 at new take off.

@ reaper... i got about 28 mpg in mixed driving and 30-31 with long trips back and forth to s. carolina
Old 06-07-2008, 11:58 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05nightrider

380 shipped is a good price for the cs but the gt is a lot cheaper... its 200 at new take off.

@ reaper... i got about 28 mpg in mixed driving and 30-31 with long trips back and forth to s. carolina
they dont have satin silver

Quick Reply: Front End