Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hey..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:26 PM
2bstang

Default Hey..

I'm a new guy around here..
I'm soon to be 16 years old and was intending on getting the 2005 Mustang GT.. BUT I talked with the insurancelady and looks like thats not an option.. It's way too expensive. So now I'm looking at the v6 Stang. I have always been a Mustang Guy.. Some friends of mine have a 04' Mach I & ect.

How to the 6 bangers compare? I've never rode one.. Just the Mach and a GT. Is insurance much cheaper? I do know they get awsome gas milage and are available with a 5 speed so those are all +'s!

As far as future modifications I would like to go with a Off road H (If it doesn't void warrenty), or maybe a axial back exaust,Nice aftermarket audio deck and speakers (If i can find a car with Shaker 500 or 1000 that would be GREAT!) and a CAI and Tuner.

KBB also lists 2005 Mustang with 35,000mi and 5 speed for only 11k! Vs. 16-17k for a 2005 Mustang GT with 35k and 5 speed.

I expect to pay about half of what my insurance would be for a GT too! and great gas also!

I have noticed that the V6 stang has a single exaust bumper which is a drawback,, requiring installation of the GT bumper to run a dual exaust and still have that clean look.

So it looks like i've found the right car..

Thanks guys,,
-Tanner
Old 06-12-2008, 10:31 PM
alsoknownazg
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Hey..

I have noticed that the V6 stang has a single exaust bumper which is a drawback,, requiring installation of the GT bumper to run a dual exaust and still have that clean look.
you can get a cut out and it looks perfectly normal
i had it for a long time
Old 06-12-2008, 10:46 PM
2bstang

Thanks.. I just looked it up. Seems that Ford has a x pipe kit that includes a bumper insert. Seems like a great deal.

-Tanner
Old 06-12-2008, 11:15 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

11k? It may say that on kbb, but good luck finding one for that price.
Old 06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
ptkthekid
3rd Gear Member

The sixxers rock. I love mine. Its plenty fast for me. IMO, those ford bumper inserts look kinda crappy. Just cut the bumper and let it go at that. It looks really clean that way.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:26 PM
Napoleon85
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2bstang

I expect to pay about half of what my insurance would be for a GT too!
I doubt it will be half. You're still considered and inexperienced driver with a car classified as a compact that has over 200 HP so your insurance is still going to be a bloody fortune.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:34 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

wow, alot of us v6 owners are still in high school.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:47 PM
A_Drunken_Llama
3rd Gear Member

btw...I wouldn't really say the V6 has great gas mileage...it's decent...
yes, V6 insurance is a lot lower
I'm still in High School too...btw

and finally, a word of warning... many V6 owners eventually regret their decision and go to GT's...happened to many on here and many I know....in fact, I'm doing that too...so just make sure you're absolutely ready for the V6
Old 06-13-2008, 03:11 PM
danbevsv6rumbler
3rd Gear Member

i'm 18... i know how it is to be a teenage driver with a lead foot, but the way gas prices have been lately, well, i've been holding back a lot more. I shift sooner, and i'm light on the throttle. So far it seems to be paying off, with my estimate at around 20mpg city. We'll see what it's like further down the tank!

So yeah, they can have pretty decent mileage. But if mileage is TRULY what you're worried about, don't go looking for a mustang.

Oh, and I bought my 2005 v6 about 8 months ago for the lovely price of... yup, 11K. Found it on craigslist - my new best friend. Couple of cosmetic issues, but I have NO regrets

One more thing about power - throw on one of those bad boy x-chargers and I think you'll enjoy yourself with a car capable of running 12-14s at the track (depending on how much you do). I can't see myself "upgrading" to the GT with the looks of the automotive future, but if they came out with a twin turbo v6 i'd be alllll overr it!!!

Old 06-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i choose NOT to disclose my age[8D]. But i'm still a VERY proud 4.0 owner .

Quick Reply: Hey..