Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

STrut tower brace

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 10:25 PM
cathane

Default RE: STrut tower brace

Well, we're still out of luck... here's the answer no doubt we've all been expecting... Later

Hey Cathane,

I apologize for the confusion. I’m not sure who answered this question for you previously but your assumptions are correct – this bar will not fit the V6 models, it only works with the V8.

Thanks for the interest!

Best regards,

Pat Arlia
pat@steeda.ca
1.866.STEEDA.7
Old 05-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

NPI has a Carbon Fiber strut tower brace with billet ends coming out. The unit was designed to work with V6 and V8 models. We took notes from the steeda billet end and redesigned some points and reangled the brace. The brace itself was reangled and comes in much lighter then the metal bar and much stronger. The brace was also designed to be stronger then the metal unit.
I have some mustang owners meeting up out here in VA to test the brace and fit in the next week or so. Prices will be cheaper then steeda units.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:22 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Is there an online store to see this at?
Old 05-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

websites being redone right now. I'd give it a week.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:48 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

be carefull i bought the brace brought it home undid the bolts and it rested right on the engine cover. it rocked back and forth would not fit. i called steeda and they said oh? so even if it were close if the engine flexed it would crack the intake.
Old 05-27-2005, 01:06 AM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

As I had mentioned we actually worked with 2 members on this board to test fit our pre-prototypes.
We modified teh billet part to be a tad taller to allow for more clearence.
We are then getting a group of owners from this board to test fir the post production unit. I'm hoping to get as many owners together in the VA/DC area together and do multiple test fits.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:08 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Nichepi

As I had mentioned we actually worked with 2 members on this board to test fit our pre-prototypes.
We modified teh billet part to be a tad taller to allow for more clearence.
We are then getting a group of owners from this board to test fir the post production unit. I'm hoping to get as many owners together in the VA/DC area together and do multiple test fits.
Don't want to be a pain in the a$$, but would it be possible to test fit for clearance for the aftermarket plenum cover by these guys http://www.midwestautogear.com They have a V6 version in the works as well. Thanks
Old 05-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

As far as new products go, after the STB brace and the stand alone strut tower caps, their will be a replacement carbon fiber radiator cowl and then a cover along the lines of the unit displayied in CF as well.
I've seen this product on ebay and really just by looking at it that NPI wouldn't be able to compensate for usable angle with the square dimensions of this product.
As state on other threads its tight quarters underneath this hood. It was a real pain trying to figure out how to compensate for the V6 people. But NPi definitely wanted something that could appeal to both. This STB will be around 290.00 maybe a little less. We are in the process of coming up with a alternative design to allow for a Much cheaper billet end. Most likely will end up being some flat that will attach to all for bolts.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:23 PM
GIDDEUP
2nd Gear Member

Cool sounds like you have a lot of nice stuff coming out. I'll have to keep checking back.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Nichepi
3rd Gear Member

Ya I wish I could get my web developer to take it out of 1st gear and get it into second.

Quick Reply: STrut tower brace