Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Chin spoiler that matches black rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 AM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

Default Chin spoiler that matches black rockers?

I've seen a few that appear to be matte black, but since I've never been really interested in a black chin until now, I've never paid much attention to them. Is there a chin spoiler that closely matches the texture and appearance of the black rocker covers? I'd like to get something that'll match them as best as possible that's not *too* aggressive looking. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-14-2008, 11:30 AM
4Rowdy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Chin spoiler that matches black rockers?

I got the CDC chin, painted matte black which has a slight texture to it. Not too aggressive and it matched the rockers really well.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:46 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

I know theres a really nice V6 on here, a Red one i believe that has the 3D Carbon that looks like its flat black. It looks really nice.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:24 PM
CommanderCOOL
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4Rowdy

I got the CDC chin, painted matte black which has a slight texture to it. Not too aggressive and it matched the rockers really well.

im looking for the same thing for my car. but how did you paint yours? take it to a shop? by yourself? prepainted?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

That one looks really good. I want something kinda subtle like that... it looks a bit like the GT500 chin. I might go that route... thanks, 4Rowdy. Where did you get yours at?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:57 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CommanderCOOL

im looking for the same thing for my car. but how did you paint yours? take it to a shop? by yourself? prepainted?
It comes textured black from CDC. You can buy it raw from some places though and then have it painted. Rdot9 has this chin I believe and painted it red.

Haha, our cars are almost in the same pose in our sigs.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:50 PM
hmartine
1st Gear Member

hey VicRR

search "mustang chin spoilers" on ebay and you will see several types to choose from
Old 07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
hmartine
1st Gear Member

also check "appearance modifications section" in this forum. there is a thread on chin spoilers...hm
Old 07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

This CDC V6 "Classic" came textured black from the manufacturer. Matches the original V6 rockers pretty close. If you ding it on the parking lot stops, it shows light-colored if the surface is broken. Quite flexible, so in combination with the floppy front bumper cover it pretty much prevents fracture and off-coming, even when running over big ol' autocross cones. Good product and worth it, even if you know a similar product for a 1969 Camaro came in at nineteen bucks.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:33 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

This CDC V6 "Classic" came textured black from the manufacturer. Matches the original V6 rockers pretty close. If you ding it on the parking lot stops, it shows light-colored if the surface is broken. Quite flexible, so in combination with the floppy front bumper cover it pretty much prevents fracture and off-coming, even when running over big ol' autocross cones. Good product and worth it, even if you know a similar product for a 1969 Camaro came in at nineteen bucks.
Sounds good. I'll probably be going with the CDC before too long. BTW, your car looks nice with those wheels.

Quick Reply: Chin spoiler that matches black rockers?