Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Roush Scoop

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

Default Roush Scoop

I just want to see it on the v6 before I order it, heres the link to the setup I want. I'm getting it with the stripe if I buy it.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/pro...tte_Black.html

Pics from the drivers seat would be well appreciated too.

P.S. Whats the difficulty level on the scoop install?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Roush Scoop

Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

i'm too lazy to go outside in the heat and take a pic from the drivers seat, hopefully these pics will help.
now that you have seen the pics, heres what i can tell you after driving 15k miles with the scoop.
1. if you drive over 70, you will see the front of the scoop start to raise up, like a 1/4 inch
2. if you have a stripe under the scoop, it will "bunch" up the stripe.
3. many have complained about "dimples" that apear in the scoop, ( i dont have any issues with this)
4. from the drivers seat, it looks mean as hell, add some exhaust, then your passengers will respect your car as a bad *** machine.
oh and the install isn't hard, just make sure you drill the holes right the first time. actually, if your scared about drilling the holes, just install it with the 3m two sided tape and if you dont like it after a year, just pull it off. I used the tape and screws in my install, shes there no matter what the speed.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
JimC

Here's a picture from the driver seat

The Roush install is really easy. It takes 7 screws, so you have to drill those holes, but the template from Roush makes that easy to get in the correct spot. Take the hood liner off, lay a blanket across the engine to catch the shavings.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

The scoop will not get "bunched up" by the stripe if you only stripe the top of it like in that picture.

I really like that look, though. If I were to redo the stripes on my car I'd probably do something more simple like that and just get a black or silver stripe like that on the hood and over the top of my scoop. It's much more effective I think on a V6.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:54 PM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

well i can only speak from experience from some one who had factory stripes on the car new. then adding a roush hood scoop on top of the stripes will cause them to bunch up. check around, and many will say them same. of course if you want to try your luck at cutting the stripe, you can always do that. or you can pay someone to custom make a stripe. either way, all im sayin is if you have a stripe under the scoop it will bunch.
of course , you will be fine if you buy a precut stripe that is with the kit.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

I've had mine for about 2 months, and love it. I haven't had any issues with it raising up at high speeds(I've been around 100 MPH). The only issue I've had is the bunching of stripes, but I've ordered some new stripes from BSM that are precut for the scoop.

I let a shop install mine for $25, and it took them less than an hour.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
VictoriaRR
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdphillips73

well i can only speak from experience from some one who had factory stripes on the car new. then adding a roush hood scoop on top of the stripes will cause them to bunch up. check around, and many will say them same. of course if you want to try your luck at cutting the stripe, you can always do that. or you can pay someone to custom make a stripe. either way, all im sayin is if you have a stripe under the scoop it will bunch.
of course , you will be fine if you buy a precut stripe that is with the kit.
I took a different meaning from your initial post. I was talking about the curves at the front of the grill... how the stripes kind of bunch up in the corners, not underneath it. I've not had any problems with mine and the vinyls have been on there for nearly a year.

I've never seen my scoop rise up a quarter inch when going at fast speeds though... sounds like it might not be properly secure. 'Course I have the GT scoop, not the Roush.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:53 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

Roush scoop, BSM stripe precut for scoop. 7 screws plus 3m tape... the hood moves more than the scoop at 100.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:30 AM
mignella254
2nd Gear Member

I'm not worried about the stripe because it is precut for the scoop, thats why I'm spending the extra cash on it vs a cheaper route (bsm super stripe).

I needed some reassurance on the install, I hate drilling through paint.

Quick Reply: Roush Scoop