Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

car wax

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
cobrabobby
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: car wax

Zaino Bros. is one of the best, but labor intensive. Used it on
my Cobra replica, and always looked like glass, no swirls. Another
is "Wet Paint", easy to use and lasts. Both offered on net only.
Bob
Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lethaldosage423

Meguiars All the way..no flaws. the quick detailer works great, i can get every water spot off my White stang and my dads Black stang.

Phunnyguy, what do you do to be sponserd by meguiars?
actually it kind of fell into my lap getting sponsored by them. they only sponsor 7 car clubs in the whole world, and one mustang club to which i am an officer in that club.

i had to attend classes at meguiars and show the product with the car at a meguiars sponsored event. in addition when i now show i have to also show the product with the car.

in a sense i was in the right place at the right time, but i should mention that i am known for my car having a mirror finish on a regular basis. even befor the sponsorship i was using meguiars. usually when i need stuff , which isnt often, i go thru the club president. my most used product from meguiars is the ultimate quick detailer. i can get about 6 to 8 months out of a bottle of wax polish paint cleaner etc. i do the car about once every two to four weeks using UQD regulalry to maintain the cars cleanliness.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:19 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: Wishbone

I use Turtle Wax Ice. It's expensive but I haven't found anything that comes close to this synthetic car wax.
Turtle Wax Ice is the worst 'wax' to use.
If you could even call it 'wax'.
Really hard to remove and its too watery.
It smears rather than coming off as a powder.[:'(]

Mothers SynWax FTW.

Last edited by 157dB; 08-30-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:36 AM
kindred169
2nd Gear Member

As a user of Turtle Wax Ice, I can say that it doesn't smear. If it does, it's because you've applied too much. I made that mistake the first time I used it. The only difficulty is that you have to view the car from several angles to verify that you wiped off the wax as it can be difficult to tell depending on the lighting.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

here is why i use meguiars:

look at the pictures of my car at the bottom of the page.

http://www.phunnyguy.com/phunnyguy_m...k_mustang.html

i have some new photos of the bumper with the decal and got the refelection of the people photographing the car. they arent up yet. i am working on the galleries later this week. my gal gotsome great shots of my car in the park at an event and the reflections on the various parts of the car are really amazing.

and yes i 95% of the time detail the car myself. i have one car wash i will use in all of l.a. they are my ace in the hole when i am in a pinch for time. they are also kind enough to use my meguiars products instead of thiers when doing my car.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 PM
PennState
6th Gear Member

same as u..turtle wax.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:13 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I've been using Meguiars products for a very long time. I've tried others but I always go back to what works best for me.

I like using their Gold Class as well as the Detail Sprays. Quick Wax is great for inbetween cleaning. I also use these Polish: Meguires #7
Wax: Meguires 27 High Tec Yellow
I wished I could find the sealant over the counter. I finally got my local Auto Zone to carry #27 and #7.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

actually it kind of fell into my lap getting sponsored by them. they only sponsor 7 car clubs in the whole world, and one mustang club to which i am an officer in that club.

i had to attend classes at meguiars and show the product with the car at a meguiars sponsored event. in addition when i now show i have to also show the product with the car.

in a sense i was in the right place at the right time, but i should mention that i am known for my car having a mirror finish on a regular basis. even befor the sponsorship i was using meguiars. usually when i need stuff , which isnt often, i go thru the club president. my most used product from meguiars is the ultimate quick detailer. i can get about 6 to 8 months out of a bottle of wax polish paint cleaner etc. i do the car about once every two to four weeks using UQD regulalry to maintain the cars cleanliness.
All my products last a long time except my quick detailer so i generally buy 2-3 bottles at a time..i get through one in about 6 weeks, i wash my car and my dads car every weekend so that probably explains it
Old 07-22-2008, 02:20 PM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

heh...yeah i also have a car port not a garage and i use the car cover on a semi regular basis....oh yeah dont forget a california car duster....im actually thinking of video taping a demo on cleaning the car and using time lapse to show the work i put into it....it would include some tips and stuff. the process o gp through etc.....i have so much on my plate right now with work and personal stuff its hard to do all the stuff i want to do in general...but there is a plan to make a video on car care, im angling it towards the fact that im a black car but my methods and techniques can be applied to cars of all color....
Old 07-22-2008, 02:30 PM
kaponelb
1st Gear Member

phunnyguy whats the steps to keep ur car looking so good i also have a black car how often you wax it

Quick Reply: car wax