Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Fender liners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 01:49 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Default Fender liners

If you have a GT front bumper, what did you pay for the fender liners??? Or what should i expect to pay for them? and where did you get them?
thanks,
Chris
Old 07-22-2008, 07:57 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default RE: Fender liners

They were fairly cheap, I think like $12 bucks per liner. I got mine from my local Ford dealer parts department.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
AlloySixxer
3rd Gear Member

Yeah they were cheap I got mine from https://www.tituswillfordparts.com/o...s_catalog.html
Old 07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Thanks alot guys,
appreciate the help!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
boochy
CSMG Moderator

I had the body shop custom fill the gap of the fender liners. He didn't charge me for it, and it took about 5 minutes.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

Whats the other thing i need to brace it from the radiator? Whats that called?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

okay so i left for work early today to go to the deelership opposite where i work...i was sitting in the parts dept for at least 10 mins with employees ignooring me...i finally talk to someone and he cuts me off with everything i am trying to say then told me he didnt have them on his screen...

i called the place i got my stang... KEN GRODY FORD CARLSBAD they were real helpful friendly but wanted to charge about $50 each do i didnt order them.

i want to know if they are manditory or will i be okay with out them...i hate doing a half *** job but i cant afford another $100.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Silver Vert 06
2nd Gear Member

Yes you should get the fender liners. I've seen a GT bumper installed without them and you can see a very large noticeable gap between the v6 fender liners and the GT bumper. The part numbers for the fender liners are 5R3Z-16102-BA and 5R3Z-16103-BA.The part number for the lower radiator splash shield is5R3Z-17626-BA. It would also be a good idea to get the GT foam bumper isolator. The part number for the isolator is 5R3Z-17C947-BA.

Take a look at this thread if you haven't already. Its a write up for installing GT takeoffs and has information about the parts you will need. https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm

I can't remember the exact prices of each part but I think the fender liners were $16-20ish, the isolator was less than $20, and I can't remember the cost of the lower radiator splash shield. If I have time tommorow I will find my receipt from the Ford dealer so I can post the exact prices I paid.

The parts I listed are only the bare minimum needed. You may need to replace some of the hardware. If you would like me to post the part numbers for the hardware, just let me know and I will post them up.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Texcan
1st Gear Member

Silver Vert 06, Please post eveything you needed and the part #s. I am about to do this to my wife car and want to do it right. I went to my dealership and the also wanted around $50.00 for each liner. If you could let me know what you paid for each of your parts, so I'm not getting ripped off. Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 01:02 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silver Vert 06

Yes you should get the fender liners. I've seen a GT bumper installed without them and you can see a very large noticeable gap between the v6 fender liners and the GT bumper. The part numbers for the fender liners are 5R3Z-16102-BA and 5R3Z-16103-BA.The part number for the lower radiator splash shield is5R3Z-17626-BA. It would also be a good idea to get the GT foam bumper isolator. The part number for the isolator is 5R3Z-17C947-BA.

Take a look at this thread if you haven't already. Its a write up for installing GT takeoffs and has information about the parts you will need. https://mustangforums.com/m_1121391/tm.htm

I can't remember the exact prices of each part but I think the fender liners were $16-20ish, the isolator was less than $20, and I can't remember the cost of the lower radiator splash shield. If I have time tommorow I will find my receipt from the Ford dealer so I can post the exact prices I paid.

The parts I listed are only the bare minimum needed. You may need to replace some of the hardware. If you would like me to post the part numbers for the hardware, just let me know and I will post them up.
Luckily, you do not have to get that part. You can simply take a razor blade and shave off the top portion of the one you have already. The part that says "V6" on it can be shaved down to flush with the rest of the foam... i dont have a picture, but trust me, i did it and it works fine. that's the only difference in the V6 and the GT foam isolators: the gt doesn't have the ridge in it that the V6 one does b/c the grill is larger (vertically).

Quick Reply: Fender liners