Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Your V6 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default Your V6 Mustang

You've got to either love them or hate 'em!
There was a poster who poster a topic in the 2005-2009 Forums asking why the V6 is better than a V8. He "claims" he was writing for a speech class, but sometimes I wonder if folks who posts stuff like that (especially where you will catch a lot of flack from the GT guys) are really serious. Of course the topic was closed after a few insults from the lively crowd here, but before it was, I did give my 2¢, saying that I didn't want a GT and it wasn't because that I could not afford it. I got the usual bull**** from some cylinder jocks who think all V6 owners bought their cars because we don't have enough $$ to purchase a GT. Little does he know that when I bought my V6, I not only bought it but at the same time purchased a $36K Truck and paid cash for both. So yes, I could have bought a GT easily or better yet.....a GT500. Not only that but two months later bought my daughter a Focus and paid cash for that.
Honestly, what do I need a GT for??? I drive mostly in the city and the Mustang is only a toy. I have 4 other vehicles and 3 are V8s. So to say that the GT will be faster doesn't mean squat to me since driving in the city you have stop lights and traffic so you ain't gonna get the full use of a 4.6.
I love my V6 Pony Package and I think it looks much better than a GT.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:32 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07 Stang
You've got to either love them or hate 'em!
There was a poster who poster a topic in the 2005-2009 Forums asking why the V6 is better than a V8. He "claims" he was writing for a speech class, but sometimes I wonder if folks who posts stuff like that (especially where you will catch a lot of flack from the GT guys) are really serious. Of course the topic was closed after a few insults from the lively crowd here, but before it was, I did give my 2¢, saying that I didn't want a GT and it wasn't because that I could not afford it. I got the usual bull**** from some cylinder jocks who think all V6 owners bought their cars because we don't have enough $$ to purchase a GT. Little does he know that when I bought my V6, I not only bought it but at the same time purchased a $36K Truck and paid cash for both. So yes, I could have bought a GT easily or better yet.....a GT500. Not only that but two months later bought my daughter a Focus and paid cash for that.
Honestly, what do I need a GT for??? I drive mostly in the city and the Mustang is only a toy. I have 4 other vehicles and 3 are V8s. So to say that the GT will be faster doesn't mean squat to me since driving in the city you have stop lights and traffic so you ain't gonna get the full use of a 4.6.
I love my V6 Pony Package and I think it looks much better than a GT.
+1

Amen.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:14 PM
siberian.mist
4th Gear Member

my other car is a v8. what is the point of this thread?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 PM
Wishbone
2nd Gear Member

I have a new V6 and an older GT. There is room in my garage for both!
Old 09-09-2008, 06:27 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

i agree with everything except i disagree with you when you say a v6 looks better than a gt
Old 09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

1.) You shouldn't need to defend your position on purchasing any car.

2.) You can't tell someone a GT is better looking than a V6 or vice versa as it is their opinion and that is all relative.

3.) A Mustang is a Mustang...

Can we let this topic die now? No offense 07 Stang, but these topics always end up poorly.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:35 PM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

I love my 4.0, would not trade it for anything................
Old 09-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Lethaldosage423
4th Gear Member

My dads got an 06 Black GT, ive got an 05 White V6.
I love them both!
End of story
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

my car looks better than a stock gt, sounds better than a stock gt, gets better gas mileage than a stock gt, gets wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more looks,stares, finger pointing, thumbs up nods&brokin necks than a stock gt&its owner could ever possibly dream of
Oh yah and my total dollar investment every mod included is currently less than you can buy a decent used gt for, believe me I've been looking for a torchred 06-08 5-speed to swap the parts I could onto. If I traded my car lets just say I'd lose more than it would cost to build a stroked/ported/polished supercharged engine for mine not to mention swapping in a gt rearend better clutch&alum driveshaft in which case I'd be faster than most well modded gt's maybe even stock gt500's since they are almost 2 freakin tons! If I didn't trade my car I would still be looking at the price difference for what it would cost to go FI which if I did with my current mods I'd still be faster than a lot of bolt on gt's w/cheaper insurance, better gas mileage&the joy of telling V-8's they got spanked by a sixxer

so what is the point of these threads again, they remind me of my gun is bigger than yours, my girls ***** are bigger than yours, my di*k is bigger than yours, my job pays more than yours I mean come on can we stop the endless/pointless comparisons? Especially since they are all subjective anyways!

Last edited by 3.73-11; 09-09-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:13 PM
bronxbomba63
4th Gear Member

My dad can beat up your dad!!! LMAO BTW 4LiterV6, where did you get your front lip?

Quick Reply: Your V6 Mustang