Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Ford X-Plan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Tim From Cleveland
1st Gear Member

Default The Ford X-Plan?

So I am about to buy my first Mustang and I found out my company is on the Ford X-plan. Any one have any experience with this? Is it a set price or is it negotiable? How much better of a deal can I expect with it or anything else to be aware of?
Old 09-20-2008, 12:04 AM
avengence
3rd Gear Member

One of the guys at my work bought a gt on the x plan and it saved him like 4-5k on msrp. Its not negotiable as far as I know but I know its a really good deal. Its like coming in with a down payment.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:35 AM
JimC

They should show you an invoice and it will have the A, X, and Z plan prices on it. As far as I know it isn't negotiable, and I've found in the past that it is under the price that Edmunds lists as the average that people are paying.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 AM
JoeTheSlacker

It's a set price that Ford sets for the vehicles. The dealerships have nothing to do with it. Each vehicles has it's own X-plan price based on what it is, options, etc. It is listed on the invoice with the other prices. X-plan is usually for companies that are either suppliers or partners with Ford, etc.

A-Plan is for employees of Ford / Z-plan is for retired employees of Ford

D-Plan is for employees of dealerships, etc.

All of these are on the invoice and the dealer can show it to you.

Now, a dealer is NOT required to honor X-plan. It's up to them... but if your dealer won't, there are plenty of dealers that will.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Tim From Cleveland
1st Gear Member

Anyone have an estimate of the % off of MSRP I can expect?
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
JoeTheSlacker

Originally Posted by Tim From Cleveland
Anyone have an estimate of the % off of MSRP I can expect?
Nope. Like I said it depends on the vehicle and the options. There isn't a LOT of mark-up in Mustangs GT's, so it just depends.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Tim From Cleveland
1st Gear Member

I finally got my pin# from work. Where do I go to check out the prices for the plan?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:47 PM
TRMustang07
1st Gear Member

Im only 17 but my dad works indirectly with ford and we got the xplan for my brand new pony package with leather interior and shaker 500 pretty much best package.. I think we saved about 2k or 3k maybe.. But like joe said depends on vehicle and what its equipped with
Old 09-23-2008, 07:02 AM
JoeTheSlacker

Originally Posted by Tim From Cleveland
I finally got my pin# from work. Where do I go to check out the prices for the plan?
Like I said, the only place that price is at is on the invoice to whatever vehicle you are looking at, and each vehicle is different. Just be up front with your dealer when you find a car, tell them you have X-plan and they will provide the pricing for you.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:22 PM
jvecero3
2nd Gear Member

Bought mine with the x-plan about 6 months ago. Here's a few thoughts:

- They'll tell you that is not negotiable, but if you play ball ahrd enough, they'll give you more money, if they are desperate to sell the car. When the salesman told me that he couldn't take anymore off the Mustang, I responded by telling him to give me more for my trade, then. And that's what they ended up doing.

- They'll take national incentives off the x-plan price too, bt they will not apply local/dealership incentives.

- Anytime you go to the dealership to talk about the car, MAKE SURE you have some sort of proof that you're employed by an x-plan company. After I bought it, signed the contracted, crossed the t's and dotted the i's, the salesman then turned around and told me that he needed proof. He had never told me that before. I had to argue with him briefly, so that I didn't have to run all the way home to get a paystub.

Quick Reply: The Ford X-Plan?