Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 01:34 PM
tom55pru

Default Engine Swap

hey i want more power, i'm sick of this V6 auto bulls*** and need help, what can i do to get more power, if anyone can find a good deal on an engine tranny swap hit me up, or if you know good trade in deals...i'm lookin at putting more than jsut the V8 in it....Just let me know what you think and help me out, thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

What do you want from your car? 300HP? 400HP? 500HP? Manual or automatic? Daily Driver or all out drag car? Just looking at some goals so I could give you your best options.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:14 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tom55pru
hey i want more power, i'm sick of this V6 auto bulls*** and need help, what can i do to get more power, if anyone can find a good deal on an engine tranny swap hit me up, or if you know good trade in deals...i'm lookin at putting more than jsut the V8 in it....Just let me know what you think and help me out, thanks!
What did you buy the v6 auto for then? What were you expecting?

Keep an eye on eBay motors for tranny/engine. Really depends on your goals and budget.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:27 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

If I were you I would do CAI/Tune + Turbo/Supercharger (whichever you prefer), Driveshaft, Dual Exhaust, and a few other things. You'll find the power your looking for.

Meh- I think the v6 power is PERFECTLY fine. I'm very satisfied.

Take it to a dealer and trade for a GT if you want the extra power and if you have the extra money. If you dont have the money you could definitely find an older GT (probably around an 02) and swap for nothing. IMO it would be a big loss for you even though you get the extra power.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:30 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Want a modest jump in power - Get a CAI/Tune

Want a great jump in power - Get a turbo or supercharger

Want a huge jump in power - trade in your car and get a GT and mod that.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:06 PM
tom55pru

Well I want power obviously as much as I can get, but I also want an automatic...I wouldn't mind swappin for the GT but I'm afraid it'll cost to much sense 3 months ago I got on top of water and screwed the radiator up a little bit and scratched under the front bumper...I also don't want my insurance to sky rocket or anything...I got some money I could possibly do a super charger if I found a good deal but don't want to do somw bolt ons that I'll eventually replace and just **** my money away, so once again any ideas work just give me sites or some prices as well, cheaper the better as long as its trust worthy and still need to know about gettin auto-trans
Old 09-29-2008, 03:13 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

from the sounds of it, you wouldn't be happy with a supercharger. I think turbo is more what you are looking for - higher ceiling for power. That way your insurance stays at the V6 level.
Old 09-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
from the sounds of it, you wouldn't be happy with a supercharger. I think turbo is more what you are looking for - higher ceiling for power. That way your insurance stays at the V6 level.
+1. Get a turbocharger and the necessities (8.8 t-lok rear w/gears choice, Better rims/stickier tires, and aluminum driveshaft). You'll have a car that will rip up GT's by tons of car lengths in the 1/4 mile(at least 10 I'd say). Here's the most preferred Turbo kit: http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/ind...products_id=51

You want sites to the other parts suggested, just ask
Old 09-29-2008, 05:38 PM
TAoW1939
1st Gear Member

I myself have decided to conduct an engine swap (way down the road), for one reason, the v6 is great, but peaks way to low, and trading for a GT wont help because the 4.6 also peaks to low and costs too much to get to the higher end power. I am going for the 351 (5.8L), after the car gets paid off. I have seen 351 engine for as low as 2600, they arent complete, but the parts needed to finish them happen to be the same parts that would have to be custom to the car. Its a thought.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:20 PM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TAoW1939
I myself have decided to conduct an engine swap (way down the road), for one reason, the v6 is great, but peaks way to low, and trading for a GT wont help because the 4.6 also peaks to low and costs too much to get to the higher end power. I am going for the 351 (5.8L), after the car gets paid off. I have seen 351 engine for as low as 2600, they arent complete, but the parts needed to finish them happen to be the same parts that would have to be custom to the car. Its a thought.
Now your talking!

Quick Reply: Engine Swap