Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shorty headers info please asap!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 11:19 AM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Do they even make LT's for the 4.0? I have yet to see any. It'd be interesting to hear some on a 6 tho. I'm curious to see how that would sound...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

LT ceramic= http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
LT steel painted= http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I looked into them, but couldn't find a shorty crossover w/cats for them and for a single exhaust. I want to keep my single exhaust since duals on a n/a 4.0 shows no gains over a single exhaust axelback. Not sure if install is harder for them or anything else though. I think I also heard kooks makes LT headers for our cars but I don't know the site or prices they sell at.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT
If you get headers go longtubes or you will not see any real gains from them. Also Do you have any cat backs or xpipe. The rule for exhaust is work from the rear up. Whats the point of getting high flow headers if there is restriction right after the headers. I had JBA shorties and really didn't see anything till I supercharged it. But if you go with some sort of Longtube the gains will be greater. And it will be a hell of a lot louder
Not looking for huge gains right now and had a problem getting the right crossover for a single exhaust. And I just want a little something done on my exhaust right now to help sound and hp a little.

I also hear LT's mess with the a/f ratio a lot and I hear a dyno tune for them is necessary, which I don't have the money for right now.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:14 PM
cvidal07

How do you like the charger? Ive been thinking about buying one but have heard i should get a new driveshaft first due to the stock one breaking. Any recommendations of driveshafts that arent very pricey?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:20 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default JBA shorties

Here's some pics, JBA shorties & Stainless Works long tubes. Jack
Attached Thumbnails Shorty headers info please asap!-115_1579.jpg   Shorty headers info please asap!-117_1727.jpg  
Old 10-11-2008, 08:47 AM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

I was going to get some Long Tubes but eventually going turbo and you have to use shortys
Old 10-11-2008, 09:52 AM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone on hear run LT headers and a single exhaust?

It's something I might wanna do down the road with a dyno tune possibly, but I know they don't sell shorty mid-pipes (let alone with cats) for a single exhaust mustang V6. I know the gains would be nice up top, but I am not sure about how much it would cost for the LT header install or custom mid-pipe fabbing by a performance or exhaust shop.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:17 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

Kooks makes a long tube with a catted y-pipe, check thier site. It isnt cheap tho
Old 10-12-2008, 08:36 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang_Joe
Does anyone on hear run LT headers and a single exhaust?

It's something I might wanna do down the road with a dyno tune possibly, but I know they don't sell shorty mid-pipes (let alone with cats) for a single exhaust mustang V6. I know the gains would be nice up top, but I am not sure about how much it would cost for the LT header install or custom mid-pipe fabbing by a performance or exhaust shop.
navbtcret ran that setup with his 4.0 X
Old 10-13-2008, 09:14 AM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BM83
Kooks makes a long tube with a catted y-pipe, check thier site. It isnt cheap tho
You ain't kidding, $1100 for the system plus install would probably be costly or a bitch.

Did nav have a before after dyno with the LT's?

Last edited by Mustang_Joe; 10-13-2008 at 09:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Shorty headers info please asap!