Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

aftermarket products

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Default aftermarket products

Ok i pride myself in being able to find really good deals, but i have been looking around at some of the things for my car to make it a personal mustang and not just the generic mustang. So far i have done very well on the prices of the two things i have done. BUT i see so many of you with a ton of customised options. I went and priced some of these and WOW the costs are HIGH. One of those being i would like to give mine a more muscle car stance and do the "drop you call it" i have looked into prices and such best i have found for springs and installed is like 700.00 or so. Where are some good places to find these aftermarket stuff for good prices. Otherwise i'll be saving for ever lol
Old 10-23-2008, 06:24 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Sadly, aftermarket parts are not cheap.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Whos charging 700 for a spring install? Wayy too damn much LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 08:12 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

I think she means the cost of the springs and the install combined.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Thats still a little high if you think bout it. Ime in texas also i can do it all i charge is lunch[] if your not to far away!! Ime sure the potato would help to! haha, like everyone says the mod bug is EXPENSIVE!!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:19 PM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

if you just want springs look at american muscle they are about $200

if you want a steering pack look at steeda they have the handling for about $850 and the G-track for about $550
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

My pro-kit plus Tokico HPs and installation was around 500...
Old 10-23-2008, 09:01 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by samv1368
Thats still a little high if you think bout it. Ime in texas also i can do it all i charge is lunch[] if your not to far away!! Ime sure the potato would help to! haha, like everyone says the mod bug is EXPENSIVE!!
Haha I'll gladly assist. But there's a line, my dad wants me to replace the front bumper on his truck first. I already got the thing off (was a pain, the metal twisted against the frame, I had to hammer the thing out. Now I need to straighten out the chassis with a winch or something), now I just need to install the new bumper.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:57 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

yea sorry this thread got buried on me, yes that was full installed for eibach pro kit i think, 1-1 1/2 drop. But that is out of my price range. I really want the drop as the next mod as i like the stance it gives our v6 and gives it that american muscle look. so all you need is the springs?

i live in dallas ,,,, well lived, i travel a ton for work, right now in san diego and monday i'll be outside LA but if i can get the lowering done for around 400 i'll really start looking to get it done soon
Old 10-24-2008, 03:16 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by lauraspony
yea sorry this thread got buried on me, yes that was full installed for eibach pro kit i think, 1-1 1/2 drop. But that is out of my price range. I really want the drop as the next mod as i like the stance it gives our v6 and gives it that american muscle look. so all you need is the springs?

i live in dallas ,,,, well lived, i travel a ton for work, right now in san diego and monday i'll be outside LA but if i can get the lowering done for around 400 i'll really start looking to get it done soon

Springs,
struts, shocks, F & R,
camber bolts,
bump steer kit,
bump stops....

Quick Reply: aftermarket products