Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

1000HP???????? Is it possible???

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 07:10 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StreamlineStang
You know I honestly find our 4.0 pretty...uninteresting. It's not a bad motor...but the fact that (as said earlier) the Supra and Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4s (A 3.0 motor for the FWD 3KGT base 222HP, and AWD VR4 Twin Turbo 320HP) can go over 1000HP "relatively" easily just makes me wonder. I like the car as is but the most I'll end up doing is the XCharger in a year or so. But hey that's why the Mustang is my DD and I have the 3000GT as the "project"...or one of them anyway...damn japs and their crazy little engines! Of course ours don't break as easy...lol
Those cars are in a different class than the 4.0 mustang. Look at the price difference. But I can tell you there is a ford inline six engine that can hang with the supra engine. Its the falcon motor out of Ford Australia. I almost went that route when I blew my 4.0. I had several talks with Mike @ Powerhouse about that motor. Its a bad *** motor and makes gobs of TQ. What held me back was the lead time on parts from Australia. Meaning if something broke on my car, I was looking at best a 3 week lead time, up to a 3 month lead time meaning if I broke the car in the middle of drag racing season, I'd be screwed.

Originally Posted by mygt500
dual turbos would get you 750+ torque and about 30+K on top of that minimum !!!!!! JMO
There is a misperception that keeps coming alive about twin turbos, like they are some mythical unicorn of the turbo world. They don't make more power than a single. The reason early on for twin turbo designs was to address turbo lag. A properly sized turbo does just fine and turbo technologies have advanced a lot over the years meaning very little lag. At the end of the day, boost is boost, regardless of how many turbos are under the hood.

Originally Posted by MustangScott
I would reccommend talking to the guys here at: www.supersixmotorsports.com. If anyone can do it, it'd be them. (they also have some good internals and stuff)

(edit: oh and i like afixers idea. get a gas turbine on that ****)
I've talked to Tom @ SSM a few times, and he's not going to have a recipe for 1000 to the rear wheels for the 4.0. I had better flowing heads and cams than the stage 3 SSM setup, and the best I could get out of the car was 535.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:09 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

ok lots of info thanks is there anyway you can do dual superchargers??
Old 11-05-2008, 12:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea, sure. Dual super chargers and dual turbos...with nitrous, all at the same time. Don't forget the jet engine that we can duct tape to the back of the car.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by up_yours_7
ok lots of info thanks is there anyway you can do dual superchargers??
I think you can do like a turbocharger and an x-charger with a modified cold air/regular intake. I have heard of people doing stuff like that. Running turbo's and roots blowers or turbos and whipples. But this you have to know is a very costly project and you are better off just selling the V6, getting a GT500 and putting money into that. 2 F/I options + custom fabbing + install + forged internals + tuning + exhaust + suspension + wheels/DRs or slicks is going to run you probably upwards of $20k if you're lucky. Gt500= 12's stock and almost any mods on it=huge gains.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:22 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

right now im keeping my v6 for the gas mileage and im thinking i will do a turbo to get better gas mileage and see what i want to do after that I want a 350-400 torque dd.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

WTF....this is a BS post. GAS MILEAGE?? really you want to spend 20k+ on a setup but paying a couple bucks more for gas is to much. I am locking this thread i think
Old 11-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by up_yours_7
right now im keeping my v6 for the gas mileage and im thinking i will do a turbo to get better gas mileage and see what i want to do after that I want a 350-400 torque dd.

Turbo will give you 1-2mpg more, but is a wash since you are paying a lot of $ for the kit, install, and tuning. You want 350-400torque at the wheels or crank?

I would suggest if you're concerned about mpg, sell/trade-in the car and buy a new Cobalt SS/TC. They make high 200's at the crank stock. A intake/tune/spring(more psi)/exhaust should easily get you what you are looking for and mid 30's highway mpg.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Mustang_Joe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
WTF....this is a BS post. GAS MILEAGE?? really you want to spend 20k+ on a setup but paying a couple bucks more for gas is to much. I am locking this thread i think
First he wanted 1000hp. Then he wants dual f/i's. Now he wants better mpg and thinks paying $5k+ for a turbo kit and then more for install and tuning is the way to go.

Do it .
Old 11-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

I find this thread funny!! haha I like the part where he wants to get to 1000hp which would be a waste of money and a ton o money and then asks for some free stuff.

Do you consistantly drag race? I would love to see a 1000hp v6 mustang drive daily on the street most likely would not be legal to say the least. And I wouldn't put 350-400rwhp unless you have the money to replace a lot of things. I believe fazm would give you a list of broken parts.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:50 PM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rygenstormlocke
...like they are some mythical unicorn of the turbo world.
If I had a dime for everytime I heard the phrase "mythical unicorn turbo"...

Quick Reply: 1000HP???????? Is it possible???