Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

how much hp do i have now???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:09 PM
orangemustang87

Default how much hp do i have now???

Hey i am new to this forum but not new to mustangs... i got a 2008 grabber orange v6 mustang and have a few upgrades done to it... i got dual magnaflow exhaust cat back system, jba headers, and a bbk cold air intake... i got a roush hood scoop which makes it look more sporty.. and soon gettin black stripes... my question to you guys is with all those upgrades besides the hood scoop how much horse power do u think i might have now... i know they are stocked 210... the dual exhaust, jba headers, and cold air intake.. all costed about a 1300 total... im just wonderin how much hp i gained for that money.. and if you could also tell me some more easy mods i can do myself,. thanks eryone...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 PM
lurkmoar
1st Gear Member

I'm going to guess 181 rwhp. You should get an x-cal 3 with custom tunes next or a dyno tune if you really want know your numbers.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lurkmoar
I'm going to guess 181 rwhp. You should get an x-cal 3 with custom tunes next or a dyno tune if you really want know your numbers.
I think you're low-balling it. I've heard the V6's run around 185 rwhp stock.

So...

Dual Exhaust: +5 or 6
JBA Headers: +7-ish? (honestly, no idea. Maybe as high as +11hp out of these but I think that's a little much)
CAI: + ? Not sure. CAI+tune = 12-ish hp, what does a CAI by itself do? Anything? +3 hp without a tune?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

I'm not exactly sure (and I'm probably WAY off) but if I had to guess I would say something in the neighborhood of 225?? Depends on what CAI you have and if you have Tuned your Car too. If you haven't tuned it then do yourself a favor and go buy a tuner!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

ok 5spd or auto? if it is auto i can give a slight idea from all the research i have been doing

With the mods you have now if your an auto you are probably putting aroudn 185-195 at the wheels with the 195 being lucky.

i just had an 08 dyno tested with the dual hpipe and roush cai, it put down 183.3 at the wheels. with the custom tune and 91 octane we hit 198.8

so i would say if your an auto with your headers vs my no header upgrade you would be very close to 190 max. get it dyno tested and a tuner and you'll be right at the 200 mark, maybe even 205.

now i am not sure of what they 5spd would give you on those numbers. you'll hvae to get that answered by these guys. but i just had all this done 3 days ago
Old 11-04-2008, 01:31 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

stickers = +3 rwhp a piece
street glow = +22 rwhp & 31rwtq
spoiler = +5 rwhp for every inch over 8" tall
Old 11-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Avalanch3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by basketballord
stickers = +3 rwhp a piece
street glow = +22 rwhp & 31rwtq
spoiler = +5 rwhp for every inch over 8" tall
I lol'd.

With the exhaust.. you really don't gain HP because you didn't change the cats, plus are you running an H or X pipe? Some people feel a loss of power with the H, some feel gain with the X. I would think you would probably get like 3 rwhp with the x-pipe, its more sound than anything.

Headers are kinda the same deal, maybe 2-3 RWHP.

Now for the cai, do you have a tune or just a cai? If you just have a cai thats probably just another 2-3, but if you got a good tune probably around 12ish rwhp.

Also you have a auto or manual? Manuals are 180 rwhp stock and 165 for auto, so I am told.

conclusion
MANUAL: high 190's with tune. high 180's without tune
AUTO: mid-high 180s with tune, high 170's without tune.

I am not sure about the RWHP stock for the auto and manual, that is just speculation from the info i gathered from these forums.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:44 AM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

If you do a search if my post I put up a before and after dyno run the first is duals with hpipe and cai only and auto you'll see 183 rwhp and the 2nd is after a diablo plus custom tune on 91 octanegwtting 198.8 rwhp
Old 11-04-2008, 09:39 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Internet benchracing is BAD BAD BAD! There are so many variables. The OP referenced crank HP, but a dyno measures rear wheel horsepower (rwhp). HOWEVER different dynos give different readings. A DynoJet will give higher results than a Mustang Dyno. Atmospheric conditions will affect the results, even if you run the same car on the same dyno with the same mods on different days.

That being said, the stock single V6 muffler is restrictive, and replacing it with a GT take-off has shown gains of 8 rwhp. Duals with shorties (IMO) probably will give you 10-12 rwhp OVER STOCK.

Your next upgrade should be a handheld tuner matched to a CAI that requires a tune.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:01 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by 28HopUp
Internet benchracing is BAD BAD BAD! There are so many variables. The OP referenced crank HP, but a dyno measures rear wheel horsepower (rwhp). HOWEVER different dynos give different readings. A DynoJet will give higher results than a Mustang Dyno. Atmospheric conditions will affect the results, even if you run the same car on the same dyno with the same mods on different days.

That being said, the stock single V6 muffler is restrictive, and replacing it with a GT take-off has shown gains of 8 rwhp. Duals with shorties (IMO) probably will give you 10-12 rwhp OVER STOCK.

Your next upgrade should be a handheld tuner matched to a CAI that requires a tune.
Nu Uh! My V6 of Fury is the fastest car on the internet... just wait and see!