Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Few options i am considering for exterior

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

Default Few options i am considering for exterior

my birthday is coming up and someone was going to send me roses and i told them why send them to me across country when you could get me something that lasts for along time and they said YOUR RIGHT lol "i love flowers but not when i am on the road for work and wasted in the hotel room lol" so i have a few choices, can spend probably around 150.00 as they'll want me to get something nice.

I was thinking of the chrome grill replacement "billets i think???" or getting the smoked front and rear lights????

any other suggestions?

Also i will be looking into new tire/wheels soon and trying to keep an eye out for a wheel/tire combo deal or take off deals. but if i replace my rims i want something around 17" "not into all that huge wheel game" i want functional for my needs so 17" should work with decent tires i would think.

My car is vapor silver so i believe the grill would look very very nice on it. but curious as to what others think.

i also like the look of the smoked lights BUT i travel so much and there are so many haters in the world that i worry they will get ripped off!
Old 11-04-2008, 12:48 AM
staggolee
4th Gear Member

The signals and grille are both good ideas. You're right that the billet looks great on silver, but i think black looks okay for now and the clashing orange of the signals is more of an issue so I vote for the smoked or clear signals.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:54 AM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

not a big fan of the white signals but only issue I have with the smoked lights is I have nothing else done exterior wise and may not blend well
Old 11-04-2008, 01:32 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

The smoked lights will blend better than that orange does. Another thing could think about is the wheelskin louvers I know a bunch of people on here have them. I personally have the SHR louvers but they not in that price range unless could get them to buy them unpainted and have them painted yourself. But don't be afraid about the smoked lenses blending.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:37 AM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

wheelskin louvres? Those side window covers?
Old 11-04-2008, 06:19 AM
vtmustangs
3rd Gear Member

yea wheelskin.com just throwing out more options
Old 11-04-2008, 04:16 PM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by vtmustangs
The smoked lights will blend better than that orange does. Another thing could think about is the wheelskin louvers I know a bunch of people on here have them. I personally have the SHR louvers but they not in that price range unless could get them to buy them unpainted and have them painted yourself. But don't be afraid about the smoked lenses blending.
+1, I got the wheelskin louvers on my stang and they look great
Old 11-04-2008, 04:39 PM
mikethebikerboy
1st Gear Member

get all the lights painted instead of the vinyl overlays. they last longer painted and wont crack in the heat like vinyl.

50resto.com has great deals on wheel and tire combos.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:47 PM
lauraspony
2nd Gear Member

get them painted?
Old 11-04-2008, 04:50 PM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

the side louver covers will make your car look good.

Quick Reply: Few options i am considering for exterior