Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Foglight install

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 11:14 AM
mikethebikerboy
1st Gear Member

Default Foglight install

im trying to hardwire my foglights to my parking lights. so that the fogs come on anytime the parking lights are on. anyone have any suggestions?

i need a fuse box layout. Anyone have one?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:24 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

couple of questions. do you have the stock pony pac harness or do you have an aftermarket harness? the pony pack harness sends the trigger to the smart box and it is a ground. if you hook a hot to it you will let some smoke out and it is very hard to put the smoke back in. if you have an aftermarket harness same applies to most of the harnesses out their. other question is why? are the fogs aftermarket? if so did they come with a harness. its actually pretty easy. some have already done it. just a relay, a fuse and some wire

here is one way , it shows the basics if you want tap into the hot on the front right running light omit the switch to the dash and you would only use one relay and you would grond the trigger and use the running light hot as the other side of the trigger

as you can see there are lots of way to do it. also if you live in a state that requires the fogs to turn off if the high beams are on you should use the method below.
pm me if you have any other questions i should be on and off today
Attached Thumbnails Foglight install-normal_fogsetup.jpg  

Last edited by afixer; 11-04-2008 at 12:34 PM.