Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 08:04 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on

Boy, what a day putting the Stainless Works long tube headers on the stang. It is a BIG JOB! Every time I mess with something underneath the car I thank myself a million times for having the BMR tubular subframe installed not long after I got the car. This item made a ton of space available to work under the car and today was no exception in putting the headers on. Both sides slipped right up in place from underneath. As usual, the driver's side is the hardest because of the EGR tube that one has to mess with. I didn't get the whole dual system on today but will hit that tomorrow. Shouldn't take near the time the headers did. A big part of the whole process is taking off the existing stock exhaust system. I had a set of JBA shortie headers on the car but took them off with the rest of the setup. These are the ceramic coated JBAs if anybody's interested in buying them. I'll give you a very good price. Here's the Stainless Works system I'm installing. Take care, Jack.
Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on-117_1727.jpg   Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on-117_1734.jpg   Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on-117_1733.jpg  
Old 11-14-2008, 08:42 PM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

I was wondering why the bottom install and then I saw they were long tubes. Post a sound clip when you can I'd like to hear how it sounds.
My Chinese headers are probably going to need replacing after the winter. What do you want for the JBA's?
Old 11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
ricekiller06
2nd Gear Member

thats looks fresh man, how much did that run you dollar wise??
and post a video clip will ya when you get them all said and done, ive yet to hear those
Old 11-14-2008, 11:00 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

how much for the headers? pm me
Old 11-15-2008, 09:59 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

great looking setup bro post some sound clips when you get it up and running
Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 AM
MR305
1st Gear Member

very nice headers.. are you taking off catalytic?
+1 sound clip.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:05 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

You need to get a video of that ASAP. and not just cold start up. Let her warm up and do a drive by.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Paulejr13
Banned

pm sent about jba
Old 11-15-2008, 04:49 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default Installment 2 - headers yesterday, complete dual exhaust system today

I feel like I've been to hell and back! Yesterday's header installation was a major deal, and today's part 2 complete Stainless Works dual exhaust system install was almost just as bad. There are two things that make this bad - 1) installing the systems in one's driveway and aligning all the parts to install everything correctly. Boy what a pain in the *** it was today getting all the individual pieces that Stainless Works gives you to line up correctly. If one had a hoist it would be a whole different story. Maybe paying someone probably no less than $500 to get a quality system like this installed would be worth it. But I'm that kind of guy that for some very strange reason loves getting down and VERY dirtly installing things like this exhaust system. You won't believe how many times I didn't think I would be able to get the job done. But my efforts are testimonial to the quality that Stainless Works puts into their system. THE FUC**N car is also quiet now. My Suzie is finally happy that the loud noise is gone. Stainless' turbo mufflers that come with the kit are very f'n cool. This dual system on V6s really brings the motor alive. I also recently installed a Screamin Deamin coil and plug wires. Very high quality stuff. Put in a set of E3 plugs too. I can notice a difference in performance. I may go to plugs that I can open the gap up to 0.065, this is what the manufacturer says one should do to get the full benefit from the coil and wires setup. Enough of my ramblings. I hope I can get up tomorrow morning to go to a car show with my club at St. Armond's Circle here in Sarasota. The show is called Super Sunday. Take care guys. I will try to put up some photos and sound clips. See ya, Jack.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:22 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Very cool. Stainless Works makes some quality parts for sure. Do you have a baseline for the car prior to this? Dyno, ET, etc? I'm curious to see how the SS LT's change the powerband.

Quick Reply: Finally got my Stainless Works long tube headers on