Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Worst day of my life :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 11:44 AM
thenatural
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kngdaka
Nawh, just a little cracked front bumper that somehow cracks the lights and breaks the grill as well. No engine or structural damage please

OP, that really sucks about your car. I've had some girlfriends who have wanted to drive it, and I don't wanna sound like a jerk by saying no but I also don't want something really bad to happen...so I always say no
Well I would say that I meet your criteria for dents and cracks in the bumper with no structural damage but it could be a long wait before we get the money to repair it and if I'm lucky; we might be able to change the front end or something all depending on who is paying and how much. Its all a bad deal
Old 11-16-2008, 04:42 PM
themac5150
3rd Gear Member

No where did I see the naked pics she owes you for wrecking your car... I hope you got a raincheck... LOL

On second thought...
You never said she was LEGAL!! LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Never let women drive your car. Lesson learned. Like some of the others said. Welcome to reality. You'll be ok, insurance should cover the damages.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 AM
Xx07WhiteV6xX

damn man that sux, my first v6 mustang was in a roll over accident, it flipped 3 times, with me and 2 friends in it, god damn deers, that thing just came out right in front of me, i either could of hit, or swerved, and i swerved, went in this field, hit an enormeous (spelling) pot hole and....well yeah, the messed up thing is, it was my first day having the car...15 hours later , i have new one now, its wayyy better

srry for the thread jack, when i hear **** about car accidents they freak me out, and i just have to tell my story that ill nevver forget....

anyway good luck with everthing, hope u can get ur stang on the road
Old 11-17-2008, 12:58 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Regarding the roof, you could take the insurance adjustment for that and apply it to a new glass vista roof insert instead of sheetmetal...
Old 11-18-2008, 02:01 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by RPM3DINC
Sorry to hear about your problem...

I have a factory Satin Silver Hood and Front Bumper for sale came of my V6... Not sure if it will help you or not, but thought I would offer...
I saw that car in your sig on Ebay! Like what you have done with it!

OP sorry for the loss and if she cant pay you in cash I am sure you can think of something to work off the amt owed on the car to fix it! and don't go easy on her!
Old 11-18-2008, 03:52 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Damn bro im sry to hear that i feel for you, my girl dont like my car that much so she wont drive it so im good lmao, but correct me if im wrong anybody" just wondering since the girl drove his car and all, does insurance have to cover it even tho she wasnt on the policy to drive that car? or they put it under as a different claim? cause i remember when i did my policy they asked me who's driving the car and i just said me but if anybody else got into a accident in my car that would be coverd even tho "they" werent a driver under my policy im just alittle cunfused im sure they will cover it but i was just wondering how they go about "someone else" driving it.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:44 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Damn bro im sry to hear that i feel for you, my girl dont like my car that much so she wont drive it so im good lmao, but correct me if im wrong anybody" just wondering since the girl drove his car and all, does insurance have to cover it even tho she wasnt on the policy to drive that car? or they put it under as a different claim? cause i remember when i did my policy they asked me who's driving the car and i just said me but if anybody else got into a accident in my car that would be coverd even tho "they" werent a driver under my policy im just alittle cunfused im sure they will cover it but i was just wondering how they go about "someone else" driving it.
Doesn't matter if a one-armed, blindfolded chimpanzee was driving...cars are insured...not drivers. This comes out of their collision...no way around it. He could of course sue her in a civil court to recoup his costs, but it would be a rough row to hoe...and you might just wind up wasting another couple grand. Better to just take one int he teeth and move on. Lesson learned.

For all you guys expecting this young man to "cash in"...I assume none of you have 17 year old daughters eh?