Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why we MOD...Epiphany!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:14 AM
iROK24/7
2nd Gear Member

Default Why we MOD...Epiphany!

I was driving along yesterday, enjoying the sound of my engine & the thrill of acceleration I felt launching from the last red light.. then as I rounded a bumpy turn, I could feel a fair bit of body roll & bouncing. I found myself thinking "hmm, it's gonna be INTERESTING to note the improvement when I get my handling kit".. that's when it hit me!

When we MOD our cars, we feel (or see) the "before & after" and it gives us great satisfaction! If I bought a car that "had it all" I'd have denied myself the seat-of-pants education of what each mod brought to the experience of owning/driving my Mustang...

Like many things in life.. half the fun is getting there! "It's a journey, not a destination".

DAMMIT I LOVE MY CAR! (I know y'all love yours too!)
Old 11-21-2008, 11:16 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

it's also an addiction.....a great addiction.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:03 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

AGREED. The first time i gave my pony a little taste of the grape juice, i was SHOCKED at the difference in power. I mean, an instant shot of 75 HP is really someting to feel

People with N20 know exactly what i mean
Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by iROK24/7
I was driving along yesterday, enjoying the sound of my engine & the thrill of acceleration I felt launching from the last red light.. then as I rounded a bumpy turn, I could feel a fair bit of body roll & bouncing. I found myself thinking "hmm, it's gonna be INTERESTING to note the improvement when I get my handling kit".. that's when it hit me!

When we MOD our cars, we feel (or see) the "before & after" and it gives us great satisfaction! If I bought a car that "had it all" I'd have denied myself the seat-of-pants education of what each mod brought to the experience of owning/driving my Mustang...

Like many things in life.. half the fun is getting there! "It's a journey, not a destination".

DAMMIT I LOVE MY CAR! (I know y'all love yours too!)
I mod because my parents never showed me love...
... but what you said works too.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:22 PM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

I like modding because imo it is what makes my car unique and not just another mustang
all the stares thumbs up etc beth gets is pretty cool to
Old 11-21-2008, 04:38 PM
ponyandajag
4th Gear Member

Modding makes you part of the car and the car part of you. It takes on your personality as you make the mods that you want. My pony brings out the best and worst in me. Since I have had it I like going to work. With each mod I like the trip even more as the car and I get closer to becoming one. Of course one goal is to have it to the point that the unsuspecting gt gets ate for lunch.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:08 AM
BigGameHunter589
2nd Gear Member

I'm addicted to many things.. one of them is a 4.0l engine
Old 11-22-2008, 12:28 AM
GeritGoul
3rd Gear Member

i dont think ima mod mine tho..atleast for a year or two..i dont want to take away from the inegrity of the bullitt mustang..orrrr should i? ?
Old 11-22-2008, 03:18 AM
project85
3rd Gear Member

Best Hobby Ever.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:22 AM
3.73-11
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GeritGoul
i dont think ima mod mine tho..atleast for a year or two..i dont want to take away from the inegrity of the bullitt mustang..orrrr should i? ?
You should if you want to don't let it being a bullitt stop you, imo a bullitt should be lowered add some agent 47 mirrors&lower grill add some different turn signals tint the windows and call it good as the car looks great w/spoiler delete and black wheels no fogs and you already have better gears intake tuning seats trim steering wheel exhaust brakes right from the factory
You lucky duck I want a bullitt so bad i'm kicking myself for not getting one when they had the 72 month 0.0% frp financing a couple months ago I could have got one at my local ford dealer in highland green for under $29k out the door and the payments would have been $93 more a month than I'm paying now but with the economy and everything going on plus gas prices I hesitated. Now everytime I drive by that dealership and see the bullitts they have sitting there I can't help but cuss myself

Last edited by 3.73-11; 11-22-2008 at 10:24 AM.