Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need exhaust help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:58 PM
ClemTiger18

Default Need exhaust help.

I Really want some exhaust for my car. What are my options.

I know if i get dual exhaust then id have to either buy a GT bumper off ebay or something, or cut out part of the bumper.

So is it worth doing that, or just paying 200 bucks for this set.

http://store.cal-mustang.com/cm_able...TID=25&CM_SA=0

Id really like anyone who has done mods to their exhaust to give their thoughts, im ready to purchase whatever i need.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:46 AM
mustangmagro

Default RE: Need exhaust help.

I put a jba cat back exhaust on mine and noticed a deeper growl and faster acceleration. i am very happy with the jba and recommend it to anybody. very easy install. call jpc performance center 410-768-3025 and talk to justin. i got mine for $175.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:03 AM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

Check out my car pics in my sig. The mufflers were 80 off ebay shipped and the exhaust piping can be done pretty cheaply if you just want to y it back. The only real hastle with duals is having to buy the muffler hangers from your dealer for about 40 a peice. The cutting of the bumper was very easy and you can't tell.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:38 AM
Bluvert

Clem,
I was going to get the GT mufflers off Ebay but I heard my buddies GT and I wanted an even louder deeper rumble. I had a Flowmaster 40 put on. It cost about 200 from a local shop because he had to weld on a coulpe hangars for the new muffler. He also welded the stock tailpipe on the new Muffler. I didnt opt for the Y for the duals due to maybe affecting the warranty. I was also looking at the JBA but I was more familiar with the Flowmasters. But my buddy with the GT heard mine and is now wanting to get them for his car. And down the road I can always add another to make duals if I want. I hope this helps, but Im sure you;ll be pleased with any of your options!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15265/D3CF1D5B983C47CBA6348BA7C1C9F6FC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 AM
rjonesjr34
1st Gear Member

Getting dual exhaust will not affect warrenty unless the exhaust system cat back breaks. Nothing else is modded, theres a topic about this floating around somewhere.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Bluvert

I wasnt sure it would have affected the warranty at the time. Now, I know and I may go ahead and do it (get the other one put on). Would you get true duals all the way back or just a Y?
Old 06-03-2005, 11:58 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

==Would you get true duals all the way back or just a Y?==

True duals on a V6 will reduce the backpressure too much and you'll lose a lot of bottom end power. Go with a Y behind the existing Y (just past the cats). I'm about to do this on mine, right now I'm running the right side GT muffler but I just got the brackets in for the left. I'm going to try and hang the left side muffler this evening and run it to the muffler shop tomorrow to have them build the pipe for it.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:25 PM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

==Would you get true duals all the way back or just a Y?==

True duals on a V6 will reduce the backpressure too much and you'll lose a lot of bottom end power. Go with a Y behind the existing Y (just past the cats). I'm about to do this on mine, right now I'm running the right side GT muffler but I just got the brackets in for the left. I'm going to try and hang the left side muffler this evening and run it to the muffler shop tomorrow to have them build the pipe for it.
Tres, can you put up some pics when it's complete? I'm seriously considering doing this too.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:53 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

I put on a dual system off an 05 GT. I got the pipe and the mufflers from the cat back. They cut the Y out of the existing pipe welded in the pipe and added an H crossover. Sounds great and great boost in power too. I'll try and take some pics later today so you can see.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:40 PM
jjpony
1st Gear Member

Hey cheysdaddy, I am wanting duals on mine as well. What does the H crossover do? Does it deal with the back pressure that Tres talked about? Any help is appreciated. Jim

Quick Reply: Need exhaust help.